Assembly Days Ahead

by WTWizard 16 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now that we are past the REJECT Jesus Party, many of us have those Big Boasting Sessions (the one-day) and Great Boasting Sessions (the two day) ahead. These are a bigger waste of time, since they take the whole day (or two days) instead of just the evening.

Then, there is the Grand Boasting Session (three days) during summer. Some will be starting in late May, when children are still in school. Notably, those children are supposed to be at the a$$embly on Friday, even though that is a day that final exams are usually held and those final exams can go a long way toward passing or flunking a course. It is blatant that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger does not give a fxxx if children flunk classes because of their insistence that people be at all three days of this wastefest.

Already, the Big and Great Boasting Sessions are starting. I have heard therein more bashing of college, explicitly telling people that anyone with MySpace accounts will not be allowed to have "privileges", and the usual warnings about entertainment, valueless things, and the Internet. And the obligatory Sunday afternoon deficit after they send a check to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, before they have cleared expenses.

These things are simply not worth attending. They are essentially the same every year. More bogus examples of people that had huge mountains of obstacles and pioneered anyway (all fake). Hopefully, we apostates can keep the pressure on them, so they will have to waste more time on keeping people offline and have less to discuss really important issues like fornication.

Speaking of fornication, they have so many rules of conduct at a$$emblies that make it impossible for people to meet the opposite sex. Those "Quiet" and "Keep Moving" signs are put up right where people could otherwise do just that. And, they have the attendants that are there to look for people attempting to connect, with a view of using some rule to bust it up. Children are kept from having any fun (I remember once seeing some children running and play-fighting in an unused room, and the parents thought I was going to bust them for it. Of course, I was understanding that children need their fun and were not getting it during the program, and I wasn't even an attendant.)

I haven't physically been to one since 2001, and that was Friday on the Grand Boasting Session (I blew off the last two days of it). I had a tape with rap music going during it, and drowned out the Kingdumb Sxxx with it. I do, however, read the threads that appear on this board about those things. It helps to know what the witlesses in my home congregation are eagerly anticipating in July or August, and it is still May. That way, I don't have to waste any time going.

• VM44
    VM44

Also, No vending machines are to be used at assemblies/conventions! However, this is a rule that is never announced to those attending as it would raise the question as to why can't they use the vending machines, a question those running the conventions would really prefer not to answer. So you see at the conventions "Brother-Enforcers" stationed next to each machine whose job it is to keep people from using the machines by telling them that it is "Out of Order".

Ridiculous!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

why do they not want the vending machines to be used?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

• VM44
    VM44

Hi isaacaustin,

The Watchtower's convention/assembly committees do not want any indication given that the Witnesses would indeed buy food if it were made available. If the Witnesses were allowed to use the vending machines then that could lead to the building management insisting that food services be allowed to operate during conventions, something that The Watchtower does not want at all!

• dinah
    dinah

That's just crazy! It's been over 20 years since I attended a convention.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, beware of the one-towel rule for drying one's hands. The towels were made child size so a child will not waste half a big towel, but that means adults may need two or more towels. Plus, if they want the sink cleaned out, that takes still more towels.

I have been hearing that they are also handing out toilet paper in 2-sheet portions per use. I sure am glad not to be going to those wastefests anymore.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Are you talking about those vending machines in the bathroom that sell adult novelties? The bastards!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I have been hearing that they are also handing out toilet paper in 2-sheet portions per use.

Sorry, but I have my doubts about this. It isn't sanitary, for starters. All they need is for a 'worldly' person to show up and report this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit