Wonderful Anti-Witness Opportunity at Work...

by AK - Jeff 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I realize that I am out of time - gotta go. But I shall return and post the experience I had on Saturday. In the meantime, anyone have any good Anti-Memorial stories?

Sorry - not intended as a bait and switch, just didn't see the clock.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ok - here goes.

One of my job responsibilities is to direct truck drivers coming to our perishable food warehouse into the proper door, and assure that the truck is secure to enter and safe. I am a yard driver so in constant communication with the truck gate and inside managers by radio.

On Saturday, the date of the Memorial, I get a strange call from the gate, from Christy, a good friend with whom I have shared many conversations with regarding my exit from the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Christy: Jeff, there is a driver coming to door 319 looking for a place to go for Easter. Before I thought about what I said, I told him you might be able to help him.

Me: A place for Easter? The guy is looking to celebrate Easter?

Christy: You know, like you used to do it.

Me: Ok, I'll see if I can help him.

By now I have figured out that at Jw is inquiring of the place for the Memorial. Due to strict standards in our company, Christy cannot state that in so many words.

I get to the other side of the building and find the driver. He approaches my yard-tractor with:

Truck Driver : I was told that you might be able to help me find the Kingdom Hall, brother. You know, for the Memorial tonight?

Me: I can direct you there. I was, but am no longer a Jw, but I know where the KH is here in town.

Truck Driver : You 'were' a Jw?

Me: Yes - for most of my first 48 years of life.

Truck Driver : Why did you leave?

Me: For me it was finding out that the Watchtower affiliated itself with the UN in 1992......

Truck Driver : With the UN? Why that's the ......

Me: Yes, the wild beast of Revelation. The evil incarnate 8th world power, bent on eventually destroying God's people.

Truck Driver : They joined? How can that be?

Me: The joined the DPI of the United Nations as an NGO - a Non-Governmental Organization, affiliated with the UN as a promoter of her policies and charter.

Truck Driver : No Way! How can you say that?

Me: It's true. After the news of such affiliation was broken in the British press in October 2001, the Watchtower admitted the affiliation in a letter to the branch there. I have read that letter. But they also told the brothers that the reason for it was a use of the UN library in NYC. I personally sent a letter to the UN Library Coordinator to confirm or deny the validity of that statement. The UN person told me that at no time before the tragic events of 9-11 was any affiliation with the UN needed to access library materials, either before 1992 nor after. In other words - the Watchtower joined ranks with it's proclaimed nemesis, then lied to the rank and file Witnesses regarding the matter.

Truck Driver : You have confirmed all this to be true?

Me: Yes I have. For 40 years I told the people that I witnessed to, that they should examine their religion, to see if God approved. When I finally followed my own advice, and examined mine, I left.

I then proceeded to give him kind directions to the Kingdom Hall, telling him where he could likely park his truck to attend, and interspersed my comments with addressing him as 'Brother'. The guy looked a bit shaken, confused, but thanked me for the directions, and assured me he would investigate the matter I had revealed to him. I directed him to the UN official website. He seemed genuinely appreciative of both the direction to the Hall and my comments to him. I was very polite throughout, as was he. I never told him I was DA'd, as this would have broken the conversation I am sure.

Before he left the facility, I stopped by his truck and gave him a slip containing my email and phone number, and told him, "call me anytime Brother". I also printed the web-address of Randy's site on the paper. I thought that one address would be enough, if he really does want to check it out. I doubt he will. I doubt I will ever see him again - though he might come into our facility again someday. I hope when he does, he taps me on the shoulder and tells me, "Remember me? I was the guy you directed to the KH for the memorial in 2008. You called me brother, and I think you meant it. That memorial was my last. I left after a complete investigation. Now we really are brothers in truth."

Well, one can dream, can't one?

Jeff

• carla
    carla

Good Story!

• Deidra
    Deidra

Great job. You chose your words well

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Hey...you planted the seed. Maybe Randy can make it grow.

-BONEZZ

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Great job! I just hope this jw has access to the Interwebs! Almost everyone 'still in' that I've told the UN story to doesn't have the Internet and has no desire to log on...due mostly to the 'demonization' of Internet at the hall. So, I haven't been seeing much fruitage from all my 'labors'....but still, you did a GREAT JOB!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You da man Jeff! *insert thumbs up here* From Josie's iPhone

• Watkins
    Watkins

That's great Jeff! If there's a site that'd help him more I wouldn't know where - Randy's site is the best for raw info. I received an invite in the mail last month from the one couple who'll never give up on me coming back...

Sunday we went to the in-laws for dinner and when we got home there was a WT stuck in the door - and it was an old one - I no longer rank a current rag! I'll survive somehow... lol.

watkins

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh, I chickened out.

On my own thread, I talk briefly about the 2008 Memorial.
    This visitor exchanged info with my wife and the wife passed her contact number
    thru me to her. I could have easily wrote "jwfacts.com" on it but I chickened out.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Way to go! Very exciting I'm sure.

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit