Shunning taken to the extreme

by unbeliever 23 Replies latest jw friends

• golf2
    golf2

This is shameful. I really can't make much of a comment as I don't know the entire story. His mom crying tells us something. I wish him and his family all the best.

Golf

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

There is a time and a place to walk away and move on... even from family. Some are toxic. I can say from experience that blood is not always thicker than water.

I am surprised though that it never got around to them before!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sad story. I have a dub relative who shunned his non-dub parents totally. Actually, he
    did not keep contact with any family, though. He married without anyone's knowledge
    and we have never ever seen him or her. We don't know if he has kids, what he does
    for a living. We do know that he was still alive when my Grandmother passed away
    because one relative managed to tell him about it, but then his phone number changed
    again, so nobody could find him.

Dubbiness promotes such healthy family relations.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

it is sad they had no idea what their child has been doing. Not knowing the conversation they had when they decided to shun "K", it is hard to say how she should have behaved. But I know that she should cry, if not for her relationship with K, then at least for the loss of relationship with grandkids.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit