Hope everyone survived the big day!

by Hope4Others 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Ahh Hortensia... you are a friend and if you didn't live a million miles away I would definitly invite you to dinner, but for now the best I can do is share the recipe...

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/Recipes/recipe.asp?id=814

and

http://www.foodreference.com/html/tira-vel-020207.html

Yummy!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

dry and emotionally dead - yup, that describes any meeting I ever attended, and more so for the memorials. As for diet and workout - still hanging in there. Thanks for asking. I'm within ten pounds of my second major goal - then only one more goal after that on my three year plan. Other than the goal of sticking to the three year plan, that is!

Princess DB, thanks for the recipes! If all you South Africans move to so. California, we could have a party at my house.

• free2think
    free2think
    So did you break up the Easter egg, put it on a silver plate, and offer it around…..??
    If so….why was I not offered some……..??

I did split it in half, but i didnt have a silver platter. I'll remember you next time and offer a plate around in your memory ok?

• ferret
    ferret

Montana's steak house for wifey and me, great dinner and good time..Our last Memorial was 1980.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Got up early to prepare the living room for Elvis. He still lives and my all black Johny Cash outfit just the ticket. Thinking about building an appropriate mansion for Johny and Elvis to occupy, course I get sleep overs until they come to occupy...... Hmm,,missed 50 Jesus rejection events... I'm toast! carmel

• real one
    real one

I went to my church Easter service. it felt soooooooooooooo gooooooood! First time in 17 yrs! We had a play, a musical. it was wonderful.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I haven't been inside a KH for 29 years. I think I'll have a glass of wine (unleavened bread unfortunately in short supply at my house) and drink to all of us survivors of WT indoctrination. Cheers!

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    I tell ya, it was SO STRANGE to see that plate & goblet just pass on down the line, person after person....and no one partaking.

Another thing that struck me...was now DRY & EMOTIONALLY DEAD the service was. I'm used to a church with spirit....lively music and everyone worshipping the Lord. I'm sorry....but this service was dry as stale toast.

Well, at least that cured my curiousity!

Amen sister. That's how I felt last year...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is the third one in a row that I blew off. I bought a Ouija board in 2006, and ordered Christmas decorations online for 2007 and 2008. Then I treated it like I used to treat Christmas when I was in the cancer--with a Bah! Humbug!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit