Hope everyone survived the big day!

by Hope4Others 38 Replies latest jw friends

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I just survived. Attendance was down from 113 to 100. No partakers.

A sister dropped a plate of bread. apart from that it was pretty boring.

Wine did smell good right enough!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Passed on the REJECT Jesus Black Sabbath.

Celebrated the Resurrection instead this morning.

He's Alive no matter what the cultists think.

Peace Out,

Honesty

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

huh? What did I miss? The memorial? Haven't been in a KH for 25 years. This is what I missed: "Penne with Chorizo, Tomato and Cream, Crusty Portuguese Bread, Tiramisu" - oh Princess, wish I lived closer to you and was one of your friends. I worked all day, spent some time on JWD until it went bye-bye, then went to bed. My big deal today was washing my car (about 210 calories according to the web sites I checked) now will have the thrill of visiting a local thrift store.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    (about 210 calories according to the web sites

And how are we doing with the diet and workouts thus far?

extreme ab crunch

hope

• lavendar
    lavendar

I've never been a JW, but I went as a nice gesture b/c our family member invited me. I tell ya, it was SO STRANGE to see that plate & goblet just pass on down the line, person after person....and no one partaking.

Another thing that struck me...was now DRY & EMOTIONALLY DEAD the service was. I'm used to a church with spirit....lively music and everyone worshipping the Lord. I'm sorry....but this service was dry as stale toast.

Well, at least that cured my curiousity!

• oompa
    oompa

pretty lonely evening.....wife and son went alone for first time ever. he is a reg pioneer, servant, and did not take it well when I briefly tried to explain why I just could not go....he is frustrated with me. wife took it very well as we just dont talk jw stuff anymore..............oompa

I think I am only the second in my family to miss since 1919....no kidding

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes, had a wonderful celebration at home instead of the KH, in are ceremony we didn't have unleavened bread so we used Twinkies sliced into quarters and instead of red wine

we used grape Koolaid and passed that around at the dinner table. In my talk I gave thanks to Jesus for creating all the the self-righteous sanctimonious redeemable sinners in the world,

and if he would please come back now because there might be too many of them .

After dinner we resided into the living room and gathered around the television to watch Monty Pythons " Life of Brian " it was a very good evening indeed .

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I would just like to say to oompa, that was a very courageous and brave stand , congratulations

Inward integrity is a sign of good character and balance.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    in are ceremony we didn't have unleavened bread so we used Twinkies sliced into quarters and instead of red wine

we used grape Koolaid and passed that around at the dinner table.

That is hilarious you have quite the sense of humor!

I also looked at your post on Life of Brian it was funny I did not no what to expect. (re:In light of memorial lets join hands and sing song)

oompa that was certainly a big step for you.

hope

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Cheers Hope, have a pleasant day everyone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit