Why are some atheists so pushy?

by nvrgnbk 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Answer some of my questions, and I may answer more of yours. Until then........

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ok. 'Why?' No reason. Your turn.

S

• Vinny
    Vinny

ANOTHER BORING ATHEIST THREAD WHERE NVRGNBACK COPY AND PASTES, FLAMES BELIEVERS, AND THEN DOES NOTHING ELSE.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey NVR, maybe one day you can post something original. What do you think about that possibility?

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Without having read the HUGE posts in this thread I thought I'd put in my opinion:

I think ANYONE who feels very strongly about what they believe can't help but push it on other people from time to time (or more often than that based on personality and circumstance), because humans have a natural tendancy to want to reach out and enlighten each other.

The problem with this is that we can't ever enlighten each other. Everyone has to find the truth for themselves, and there's a fine line between sharing your beliefs, and pushing your beliefs. It's hard to tread that line.

I'd also like to say that I don't think Warlock meant he doesn't care if people suffer. He was saying he respects people's personal beliefs enough not to meddle in them. But that is how I read it anyway.

Peace,

Rachel

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Why are some atheists so pushy?

ahh yes our differences divide.

why are some conservatives so pushy?
    why are some liberals so pushy?

why are some starving ethiopians pushy?
    why are some scots pushy?

why are some men pushy?
    why are some bratty kids pushy?

Here's a clue... some PEOPLE are just pushy.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Vinny, speaking of flaming, that was a fine flame you just shot out of your @$$$.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Are we discussing religious beliefs or a belief in God? Because the two are not the same.

Are we talking about God, the creator or God, the sky daddy? Again, the two are not the same. Although it seems the atheists are confused by this notion.

I am still waiting on an answer to the above questions.

Robdar, I appreciate your thoughtful questions, and though this might not be exactly the answers you are looking for, I am under the impression that the original question was regarding athiests being pushy and not about whether or not religious beliefs and belief in God are the same, etc. I think the answer to the original question is that all kinds of people are pushy, and that can include athiests. I personally think there seem to be a lot of pushy athiests on this website in particular, because being one of Jehovah's Witnesses makes one feel especially burned by religion and resentful towards God. I think the healthiest people are the ones who can differentiate between God and religion, and then make a personal decision about their beliefs accordingly. And for the record, I am still out on how I feel about God. I was very mad at this God character for a while when I first woke up from the JW's, and then I denounced his/her existence altogether. Now I'm beginning to read books that are about the Christian God, but NOT about any religion, in order to deprogram my brain from the Jehovah God I was taught about as a Witness and then I hope to make my own decision. Peace, Rachel

• Robdar
    Robdar

Thank you Rachel for your answers. I hope you find happiness on your path to your own truth.

Hugs to you.

Robyn

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm currently classified as an agnostic. I havent made it to atheist yet.

I've tried several times, I read Darwin and Dawkins, but keep comming up agnostic.

I would guess the atheist are so pushy, because they want you to prove to them that they are wrong.

They want you to prove there is meaning and purpose to life.

They want you to prove to them that there is someon taking care of all of us.

If you would do a better job.

They might be more friendly.

If you cant do a better job, I think they wish you would stay out of politics.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Edited because I no longer care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit