Why are some atheists so pushy?

by nvrgnbk 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

What is your definition of God? Seems to me that most people's definition of God is directly connected to the belief system of the country where they were raised.

I agree. And the same could be said of atheists.

To answer your question, IMO, God does not equate Sky Daddy.

I believe in God the Creator and I also believe in Evolution. To ignore evolution would be to ignore scientific fact. I can't do that. Nor can I ignore the idea that there may be a creator who set it all in motion. Since there is no proof either way, I choose to believe. If scientific evidence arises proving that there is no God, I may change my opinion. Until then, I like believing in a Creator. As an artist, when I look at the beauty of nature, I enjoy the thought that another Artist created all this.

As far as Christianity goes, I do not believe in the ransom sacrifice because I do not believe in original sin. I do like the idea of Christ though. He was rather radical for his day and he inspires me. This is the only reason I call myself a Christian mystic.

BTW, thank you for asking.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Are we discussing religious beliefs or a belief in God? Because the two are not the same.

Are we talking about God, the creator or God, the sky daddy? Again, the two are not the same. Although it seems the atheists are confused by this notion.

Still waiting on an answer. Why the silence from all the atheists?

• Satanus
    Satanus

What is the difference between a god and a skydaddy?

S

• Robdar
    Robdar

Sky Daddy takes care of your problems. On a pink unicorn he comes galloping in to save the day. Big difference between Sky Daddy and God the Creator.

• Satanus
    Satanus

What does 'god the creator' do w regard to humanity?

S

• Robdar
    Robdar
    What does 'god the creator' do w regard to humanity?

Why should God the creator do anything with regards to humanity?

• Satanus
    Satanus

If he's not doing anything w regards to humanity, what indicates that he exists?

S

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

And, if he does nothing with regards to humanity, why should we do anything with regards to him?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    And, if he does nothing with regards to humanity, why should we do anything with regards to him?

You don't have too. Nobody said you had to. Now, will somebody please answer the questions I posed instead of trying to distract from the subject?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Were we not created by the earth? Is the earth a god(dess)? Is there another creator god?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit