What's more important??

by The Last Nephilim 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I recall weekly soccer sessions and this brother sliding me regularly on the blind side!

This went on over months but on one occasion we were out on hardsurface and he came even later and took me well out so I smacked the floor bigstyle!

I never came close to ever doing that shit and I warned him if it happens again I will return the favour!

He was an elders son and I got pulled for the comments!

He just sneakily did his thing and acted all innocent as if it was fair play! this sorta shit is what happens on a few levels and it sucks! Was I supposed to keep taking the fall and say it's good counsel?

• real one
    real one

I am just in a state of dumbfoundedness . When will it ever end???

great statement! i keep wondering the same thing. it will not end unless someone stands up and makes those liars see how power hungry they really are! I guess little by little people are leaving and showing them up for the false prophets they are

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

There is one consolation over these obvious inequities in the organization. It has an accumulative effect with those who are aware of such injustices. It may not cause one to leave right away. But over the years it is registered in one's heart and mind and may eventually motivate one to question the entire structure upon which the Watchtower is built.

This was the case of my wife and me. It took years. But finally we concluded this could not be "God's organization."

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The most prominent effects of WT wholesale cut and paste mind control are, that when you leave, the effects are like falling dominoes into the rest of your life and relationships!

They have no intention of liberating anyone to move on but to make them feel wasted!

• aniron
    aniron

Referring back to the original post.

You can be sure if that had happenrd in say the Catholic Church.

It would have been plastered all over the Watchtower saying it shows how corrupt the Catholic Church was.

"Catholic Church excommunicates innocent man"

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    aniron said; if that had happened in say the Catholic Church.

It would have been plastered all over the Watchtower

Most definitely!

I should clarify- the brother telling me this story didn't use the words "play along" but that's how I understood it

Fine with me same idea, husband and I do usually hear the term "Just go along with it" if you question anything in our discussions with others.

hope

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I recently was discussing a similar circumstance with my JW mother - about my brother. The facts as I know them, and as I have reasoned with her, about why my brother was disfellowshipped show him to be wrongly disfellowshipped.

At one point she even said to me that even if he was wrongly disfellowshipped, then it was just a mistake on the part of the elders and I should cut them some slack because they are not perfect. That made me so angry because my brother's life has been turned upside down because of this "simple mistake" - what about HIM? It's only the elders we have to cut some slack for, not the people who are wrongly "disciplined". When I asked her if she thought they would ever do anything about it if they realized it was a mistake, she said no, to protect Jehovah's name they have to uphold their decision, and my brother's only option is to earn his way back into the organization.

The only thing the JW's care about is appearance and saving face. They don't care a damned bit about their people. It's a poor excuse for a religion. Protecting Jehovah's name is more important than people's lives.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

I agree with Rachel- All they care about is saving face. And as far as Jehovah's name- I still wonder why, if that name is so important, Jesus never said it, nor is there any proof that anyone in the first century ever used it the way it's tossed around by JWs today! I never called my earthly father by his real name. I called him "Dad"... In fact, it is generally considered a sign of disrespect to call one's parents by their first name, is it not?

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

That is rediculous booshit. I would have done a Wyatt Earp on his ass and thrown him outta my house. Twist his ear and alright youngster out ya go....

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My question is, who would want to be reinstated after 7years, of being wrongfully df'd?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit