What's more important??

by The Last Nephilim 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

I'm placing this into the "Scandals and Coverups" section for good reason, I think. A few days ago I had an elder and one of "the anointed" come by to encourage my wife and I to "get back to the meetings before it's too late". I proceeded to tell him a few of the reasons why I've lost confidence in the elders and the organization, and he retorted with a real- life example of how I need to see that although the "brothers" can make mistakes, it's best to accept it as "Jehovah's Will" and play along. The example he gave was of a Bethelite who was a secretary. Some money came up missing and he got the blame and was disfellowshipped. After 7 years, some other judicial proceedings were taking place involving some other elders, and during this time it was discovered that the former secretary who was disfellowshipped for stealing was actually innocent and was set up to take the fall by the other elders. TWO governing body members went to the brother who was falsely accused and DF'd and told him, "We are NOT going to exonerate you. We are going to reinstate you." The reason? Because the congregation would be upset and disturbed that this brother was DF'd for 7 years even though he was totally and completely innocent! I was then told how the innocent brother was OK with the GB's decision because it was for the "greater good", so I, too, should just go along with the mistakes the GB or the BOE makes and not cause an upset in the congregation.

I say BULL$H!T !!! "Greater good"???? To me, what is RIGHT is always the greater good! What is right is that that poor man should have been exonerated and been issued a FULL apology by the Society!!!! The greater good is not to protect the organization's "holy" image to the rank and file! The greater good is to DO THE RIGHT THING NO MATTER HOW BAD IT MAKES YOUR PAST ACTIONS LOOK!!!! Besides, it was already determined that it was the other elders in the congregation that were doing the backstabbing! The GB wasn't even directly involved, save for the fact that they appointed those backstabbers!

Needless to say, his story of that account didn't teach me to be obedient and think only of the best interests of the organization (as he intended it to). It only proved to me that the organization is more concerned with their own interests and self- image instead of what's right!

Anyhow, does anyone know what story/brother he's referring to?

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

No, I don't. However , I am so pissed off right now I can't see straight!!! Thank you though for the additional ammo.

NMG

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

TLN

This is so typical of the "justice" one finds in the Watchtower Society. Instead of clearing the name of the offended brother and announcing his innocence, the leaders "reinstate" him to give the impression that he has been forgiven his misdeeds after seven years. Thereby, they cover over their own failings and don't have to apologize for this travesty. It is hardly what one would expect from a truly Christian organization. Rather, it smacks of the pharasaic attitude that permeates the entire organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Do you happen to know whether the guilty elders were ever punished?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    After 7 years, some other judicial proceedings were taking place involving some other elders, and during this time it was discovered that the former secretary who was disfellowshipped for stealing was actually innocent and was set up to take the fall by the other elders

I'm not sure what he was thinking (elder that came to visit you) how could that be an encouragement that some ones life went through hell for 7 years. I could only

think of the stress and anxiety he must of went through.

hope

• Honesty
    Honesty

In contrast, we read:

***R

evelation Book LIES chap.25 pp.169-170 par.24

Reviving the Two Witnesses***

What a shock for those persecutors! The corpses of the two witnesses were suddenly alive and active again. It was a bitter pill for those clergymen to swallow, the more so since the Christian ministers whom they had schemed to put in prison were free again, later to be fully exonerated. The shock must have been even greater when, in September 1919, the Bible Students held a convention in Cedar Point, Ohio, U.S.A.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I have to reply to this, this is scandalous, this brother falsely accused didn't do anything but except the fact he was quiltly until proven innocent. It is to be the other way around INNONCENT til proven quilty. I just infuriates me to think that these elders had the nerve to expect you to react with the same obedience as that brother falsely accused. I know if I was falsely accused of anything in any organiztion I would go to the hilt to prove my innocence and then sue the pant s out of the liars involved. Especilally once the truth finaly came to light.

That brother that told you " :he retorted with a real- life example of how I need to see that although the "brothers" can make mistakes, it's best to accept it as "Jehovah's Will" and play along. "

Who on earth is he trying to kid. Accept it as Jehovah's Will and PLAY ALONG!! Hell that is total disgusting. That elder should have been told yes your Right Brother We Will PLAY ALONG, is it a game to the Society or what..

I am glad you were disgust with this brother. What is important is an innocent man should have stood up for himself and said , " ARE YOU KIDDING ME? no he says nothing and excepts the punishment for 7 YEARS.

How ridiculous and studip, ( wait on Jehovah), if we waited on Jehovah and safed the skin of every witness who was dishonest I don't think so I believe justice must be found at the beginning not several years later.

I am just in a state of dumbfoundedness . When will it ever end???

Orangefatcat.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

That's an encouraging story alright - Let me see if I got it right - "Some dude bent over and took it, so you should too."

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

I should clarify- the brother telling me this story didn't use the words "play along" but that's how I understood it. I can't be sure, but his exact words might have been that I "need to keep the larger picture in mind and accept the GB's decisions and trust that what's best for everyone will work out." To me, that has the same meaning as "play along" because when it comes down to it, if the GB doesn't do what's right and expects everyone to respect and support their decisions, that's the same as telling us to "play along".

He did say that the guilty parties were DF'd.

Yes, the gist of the story was that since this ONE brother bent over and took it, so should I if it makes the organization look better.

Well, it's almost time to go get ready for the Memorial! After seeing V's YouTube video on how the memorial is basically an infomercial about joining the JWs, I will be watching with a different point of view tonight! I'm still undecided as to whether or not to partake...

• yknot
    yknot

Reminds me to ask myself and search the Bible where Jesus just went along with the Pharisees for the greater good of their rule over the Israelites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit