How long were you...

by Honesty 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

32 years

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I was born and raised in it , have been out now for some 30 years

The ever present commercializing of lies, was probably the most pressing reason for me to leave " The Truth " even at that young age I was aware what that term meant.

Since my leaving I have slowly evolved into an atheist / humanist and I'm quite happy in being one.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Born into it. Still in because of family only.

I've been "disconnected from the Matrix" for at least 1 year.

That makes 34 years in, 1 out...

TTRP

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I was also raised in it. I left for good, last KH visit.... in my early 20's. But really started having problems in my early teens.

I used to think it was because I was weak. Maybe something wrong with me mentally, or I was posessed.

Now I know it was because I was strong.

I don't even want to think what it would have been like if I'd stuck it out, to keep my conditional family and friends, and it makes me sick to think I could have raised my children to believe it and we would not have the strong family we have now.

lisa

• flipper
    flipper

I was in the witnesses 44 years from birth till age 44, over 4 years ago , end of 2003 ! Am 48 now. Knew it was a bunch of lies from research and unjust treatment ! Peace out , Mr. Flipper

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Since birth up until last summer. Baptized since 1986.

momz

• Grammy
    Grammy

26 years...I had nagging doubts about many things over the years but pushed them to the back of my mind while "Waiting on Jehovah"

Then in 1998 I began to have so many strong doubts there was no pushing them to the back of my mind and while doing research and looking for the watchtower's web site I stumbled on the free minds web site, I disassociated in 2000.

• mouthy
    mouthy

25 years in Believed it all except 1914. Baptised 1963 Been in hospital with fractured skull from Catholic hubby, I thought that was part of the persecution I had to take...LOL!!!
    Was kicked out 1987 two years after hubby died( he had already told me they would get rid of me when he died) was out in the "wilderness" for two years Then is 1989 was found by my REAL FRIEND!!!

PSSST> HIS name is JESUS!!!!

• Akira
    Akira

34 years and still in because of my parents.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

welcome odie. glad your blood ran cold at their "shepherding".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit