How long were you...

by Honesty 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• oompa
    oompa

4th gen in....so took me awhile....first doubts at 19, but in love and married at 21, then kids, so you are busy and the "friend" structure seemed nice.......the more dfs I saw (especially with teens), the more it made me think........doubts begin piling by 40, and by 43 it was pretty much over.........................I miss the fun with my friends, but I'm just a fader and they still have my number..................oompa

sorry for the long answer

• chickpea
    chickpea

active and fully engaged about 16 years.... then a crisis diverted my attention and attendance .... even tho i still believed i would go back for about 2 years.....but it is a hard illusion to keep alive without constant reinforcement.........going on 4 years and i am certain it will all eventually become just be a long story i tell ......

• Carmel
    Carmel

Born into it! Doubts began at age 10. Knew it was not da truf at baptism age 12. Got out before turning 15. carmel

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

Currently fading with kids whose mother I am no longer married to who just got reinstated. Have exposed my teenage son to a few things but he can't handle the whole shebang yet. I think he still prays for me to come back. He doesn't mind missing meetings and service, however, except that his mother gives him a hard time about it. I have been around the JWs for over 12 years and been "in" for over 7. Always had doubts, which grew the more I learned. Sept 07 KM was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back, which was already under strain from carrying all the bull$h!t of the elders playing favorites with certain @$$holes in the congregation. So far I have told two elders that I have no confidence in the BOE at our congregation, and that it has subsequently caused me to lose confidence in the org. Am curious to see how my wife and I are treated at the memorial tomorrow, which will be my wife's first return to the KH in over 3 months!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is an allor nothing faith and I think I now realise that at no time did I ever 'FEEEEEEEEEEL' the whole shebang was the real deal!

I was always waiting for it to happen and it never came and I blamed myself that it never did when in fact I shoulda been asking more about the $$it I had been sold!

It looked real but it was in miniature and meant for a dolls house someplace!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I first came into contact with the JWs at age 17 in 1975. I believed it was the truth but didn't think I was good enough to join because I was a smoker. I eventually joined in 1983 and was a full fledged cultist for 20 years.

W

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

About 43+ years. Started going to meetings in 1955, baptized in 1956, and started questioning in 1998. However, because of family pressures (my father and daughter), I continued spasmodically until 2006--that would be 53 years. (Fading didn't work. My relationship with them fell apart anyway.) So many years wasted.....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I had doubts after only a year, when things did not go as promised. However, I was willing to live with that until that April 1, 1995 Puketower study followed by the hounders getting all the "sisters" to reject me at the a$$emblies. Now I know from that that they had planned for me to go to that damn Value Destroyer Training School and then pull the whole world into the cancer all along, at which point I would rather do apostasy.

• ferret
    ferret

40 years...too long. been out since 1980 and learned how to live a normal life.

• odie67
    odie67

born and raised 30 + years. I started having some problems. the thing that really got me was the moment I stepped into the KH. I knew I needed help and I wanted help. I had been away for a while. The elders didnt ask me how I was doing or how I felt and they didnt care. I was DF on the spot. I cried because I was hurt. I wasnt hurt about getting DF but it was so cold how it was done. Then they had the nerve to ask me if I thought I was treated fairly and if I wanted to appeal the decison. I was like "NO!" If you are guided by God then why would you ask such a question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit