How Many Here Are Born Again Christians Now?

by lovelylil 30 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It is so nice to know I am not alone here. That there is still light. To quote John 1: The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

Before I defied my parents out of anger at the age of 19, I had been raised and loved being a Born Again Christian. I recently dissassociated myself from the J Witnesses about five, six months ago. Three weeks ago I finally found the courage to walk into one of "satan's" churches again, i chose a lutheran one because my mother was originally Lutheran. It was odd for me, too cerimonial, but hey, if that's for you, that's great. Last week I returned "home" and went through the door of the church I grew up in, the local Born Again Christian church. I felt home, genuinly at peace and happy. It was a little overwhelming at first, all the enthusiastic singing and fellowship (and I thought the witnesses were friendly!) but I quickly warmed up. After I left I realized that's where i want to attend. It was wonderful, so encouraging, so uplifting. I was actually happy to be at a church rather than leave depressed because I was forcing something that I wasn't! I will be attending this Easter Sunday, and the next Sunday, and the next, not because I have to or because I feel "Jehovah" or "God" or "Yahweh" forces me to attend, but because I want to. I want to express my love for God and my appreciation for my life and His great gifts to me. Last week I realized the most important lesson since leaving the Witnesses was that they may have lied, deceived, tricked and intimidated me, but they could not, and would not, ever be able to harm or remove my relationship that i have with God, despite them saying I am now in a "disapproved" state. Disaproved huh? Why are my prayers answered now more than ever before? Why do I finally now have an inner peace that I did not have before, even though I'm now going through a divorce and custody battle because of them? Born again? I may not ever become a member, I no longer feel that is relevant to my salvation, in fact, I may church hop a bit still just to check out what I've been missing all these years and to gain further understanding of other beliefs. Do I feel that it is an excellent church? Absolutely. It's worth checking out.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I think that in some ways you women have a deeper insight than us men.

Burn

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I am Anglo-Catholic. Does that count?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I got born again many times, sort of an insurance policy. Some people say it didnt take.

But I go with once saved always saved. I didnt do anything to earn it but accept it and you cant take it away.

Which God are you talking about Joe or Allah, or Chrishna?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks everyone for you replies. I only asked because I am doing research in order to write an article about being "born again", and whether or not you can have the born again experience in any Christian church, or even in a cult of Christianity.

As you all know the JW's teach only 144,000 can be "born again" or spirit anointed which is the same thing. And they claim you must be a JW to be born again. But I have always asserted that a Christian's born again experience with Christ is not dependant upon their religious affilitation, such as what church they belong too. Also I feel you don't even have to belong to any church group to be born again and many do in fact get born again while still in a cult.

It is my assertion also that eventually God will call all people to himself and thus everyone will be "born again", but that is another topic.

So again, thanks for your replies. Peace, Lilly

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I am Anglo-Catholic. Does that count?

It does to me. It is about your own experience.

• donkey
  • quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thanks for educating us donkey

• childofGod
    childofGod

I just wanted to comment on the comment that 'what religion one attend doesn't matter'. Judges 10:6, 7 states and the sons of Israel again proceeded to do what was bad in God's eyes, and they began to serve the Baals and Ashtoreth images and the gods of Syria and the gods of Sidon, Moab, Ammon and Philistines. So they left the true God and did not serve him. At this the true God's anger blazed against Israel, so that he sold them into the hand of the Philistines and into the hand of the sons of Ammon.

This scripture helps us to appreciate that if one worships any thing or person other than the true God, our Creator of the heaven and earth, his form of worship will not be acceptable to God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit