How Many Here Are Born Again Christians Now?

by lovelylil 30 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Just wondering how many ex -jw's have become born again christians and whether or not this happened while you were still in the WT organization? Also, what is your experience now with God and Christ?

** Please non-believers, lets not use this thread to bash Christianity again, or do the whole is there God/not God discussion all over again. This thread is asking a Q for those who are still Christians. I will not respond to others who try to highjack my thread. Thank you.

I myself became Born Again about 4 years ago while still in the WT organization. My relationship with Christ has changed drastically. I am closer to him than before and really understand now what it means to "walk" in Christ's footsteps. I also now understand that what religion you belong to is not important at all, but rather having a personal relationship with Christ is, "Christ in You".

Anyone else? Peace Lilly

• mouthy
    mouthy

Raises my hand!!!! Me too.. I was kicked out in 1987.then I attended a Convention in 1989 at PA "Witnesses Now For Jesus" ...... their were loads of EX JWS giving their testimony... ( I was still a JW IN my head,hated them all)
    Then Alton Pitts got up & gave his very sad testimony of the WT dealings with him.
    Some of what he devulged I to had gone through also... He then talked about Jesus Christ, Showed scriptures I had never seen. He said "There is a JW here that would like to KNOW Jesus" I really thought I had known Jesus > he was Micheal the Ark Angel wasnt he? The HOLY SPIRIT went to work, Showed me where Jesus was the Creator ( Col 1 :15)I took out all the ( ) in their Bible & Voila I was born again. Oct 20th 1989... I have never been happier.

Granny/mouthy/Grace

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm one of those who have found freedom in Christ.

In February of 2005, I prayed to Him that He would lead me out of the confused, hollow state of the JW's and He did just that!

I haven't gone back to the KH nor have I DA'd myself. I don't feel a need to do either because I know the Shepherd and He knows me.

Thank you for asking, Lilly.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I was spiritually born again 4 years ago today. It was what started my trajectory out of the WT. The coming of my own son sealed my leaving.

So really, two sons saved me.

Burn

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was spiritually born again 4 years ago today.

Burn

Happy 4th birthday Burn. Isnt it great to know we have a real family!!! can talk to "DAD" any time we want. (((HUG)))

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Burn,

Happy anniversary!

Snowbird & Mouthy,

Thanks for answering. I had a similiar experience as snowbird. I knew something was not right in the WT and I really felt in my spririt I should go to Christ for the answers but I was soooo scared to do this. I prayed to Jehovah and asked if I can please pray to his Son this time because I was confused and did not know what to do. But in my heart, I felt it was right to approach Jesus. I did and then recieved the full Spirit of God upon me. I instantly had such a peace come over me and I knew I would finally have the answers I was looking for. I left the WT and never went back!

Now I live me life WITH Jesus every day and it is a wonderful life! Peace, Lilly

btw: Grace/mouthy, I have not attended a "Jesus Now" convention yet but hope to one day in the future.

• mouthy
    mouthy

btw: Grace/mouthy, I have not attended a "Jesus Now" convention yet but hope to one day in the future

Oh that would be great it is the 10th of Oct this year. It is the HAPPIEST time of my life. The love there is overwhelming... Not all are born again! some are in differant religions. but if Heaven is anything like it is there ,I am happy to be "Going Home" I love the song too. "Going Home"

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Well, as you know, I never was a dub. But I am and have been a born again Christian for many years. I am thankful that some of those of you who were "in" weren't so bitter about the experience that you couldn't believe in God any longer. I know some of the folks here have become atheists because of the negative effects of the cult, and to me that is the worst damage of all. PTL that y'all have found the real truth in Jesus! Peace and Love, Potential.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

thanks potential!

I believe the Lord will eventually call all peoples to himself. My hubby is not yet a born again but I am thankful he is still a Christian. And I pray daily for the Lord to speak to his heart and pour out his spirit on him. Eventually he will. It is so, so sad that many equated God and Christianity with the WT cult only. And now have totally lost faith altogether. We should pray for their spiritually healing.

I've recently started a ministry work south of Boston to help those who left the WT with spiritual issues. My hope and prayer is the Lord will use me to help these ones get closer to him. Peace, Lilly

• lawrence
    lawrence

I have recently confessed the Lord Jesus as my personal savior, and have been washed clean by the blood. I did partake the last 2 years as a JW, then got real LOST. Praise God and Jesus! All knees shall bow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit