Pathological President defends Iraq War

by nvrgnbk 39 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

But he remained unwavering in his insistence that the invasion of Iraq, which began in March 2003, had made the world better and the United States safer.

His operating principle is, if you tell a lie enough times somebody will believe it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Shame on us as a nation for ever putting this monkey and his his organ grinders Cheney and Rove into office. Even if he didn't win the popular vote, the fact that he got a single vote in 2004 still boggles my mine.

Speak for yourself. I didn't vote for Bushler. I voted against him. And it's debatable whether or not he actually won either election fair and square.

• oldflame
    oldflame
    Speak for yourself. I didn't vote for Bushler. I voted against him. And it's debatable whether or not he actually won either election fair and square.

Yeah, I didn't vote for the prick either ! I voted for Kerry which I don't think was much better to be honest. But I will say this, most people don't know or believe. It is going to get much worse in the next several months. If you have not studied those new terrorist laws you should. You would be surprised what you will read, mostly shocked that any of this can happen in the United States.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yeah, I didn't vote for the prick either ! I voted for Kerry which I don't think was much better to be honest. But I will say this, most people don't know or believe. It is going to get much worse in the next several months. If you have not studied those new terrorist laws you should. You would be surprised what you will read, mostly shocked that any of this can happen in the United States.

Yes and we are all set up for a fall. We can be crippled almost instantly with a significant rise in gas prices. We are undergoing a gradual economic depression. And to think we thought prez Bush was stupid. Make up a fake war about WMD and then slowly link it with terrorism. Then shove "patriatism" down the throats of Americans. Then watch as they allow you to take away their rights. Inalienable my a$$. Oh yeah, There is potential for a lot more evil. Read John Dean's book, Worse Than Watergate, about what this president has already taken from you. What potential there is for a dictatorship and then go read about fascism.

• badboy
    badboy

THERE IS A SERIOUS ALLEGATION THAT BUSH HAS SERIOUS STUFF ON SOME OF THE LABOUR PARTY,LACKMAILING THE BRIISH GOVERNMENT INTO WAR.

NOT SURE IF TRUE.

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

When your country is completely overrun by fundamentalist nutters who demand and receive their "right" to practice their bizarre, repressive religion at the expense of everyone else, you MAY one day come to appreciate Bush's tactics in the conduct of the war on terrorism. Strangely, after a common JW experience, presumably understanding the mindset, most here are apparently on-board with the idea that small groups of criminal maniacs can blow up buildings or airplanes or trains or military bases or embassies, killing hundreds to thousands per event...and somehow that is an excusable, "better" option. I am probably alone in my beliefs here...but it is difficult for me to digest the idea that so many who have previously been denied their independence have so little appreciation or regard for the right to pursue happiness that they're willing to allow a small group of anti-social religious zealots to abuse them (again) and then rob them blind.

BTW...there were WMD. Anyone who crossed the Turkish-Iraqi border to Kirkuk in 1991 saw the effects and can attest to the fact. By frustrating and confounding UN-appointed inspectors for more than ten years in their efforts to determine if certain suspect facilities were still producing WMD, the Iraqi military scientists were, for all intents and purposes, permitted to operate with impunity. As far as anyone knew, that threat continued to exist in 2001 and - in my book (and having seen what I've seen) - no right-minded person could afford even the possibility that an unstable leader with a history of using WMD for the purpose of "ethnic-cleansing" could continue to possess WMD.

But that was just a justification required to pass political muster. What is generally overlooked was/is to be found in the conduct of the war itself. Iraq's critical strategic significance in the war on terror is found in its geography. The challenge has always been locating difficult-to-identify, not associated with any particular country, enemy combatants. As a predetermined geographical "center" in a borderless asymmetrical war, its positioning was/is highly advantageous to Coalition Forces in attracting Al Queda insurgents, like moths to a flame. You may recall that Iraqi borders were (and continue to be) largely unsecured, allowing whomever to cross unimpeded from Syria, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, or Saudi Arabia. This tactic is a simple variation on two popular strategies that have been taught in war colleges for thousands of years: concentration of effort and economy of force. This, combined with a convenient REMOVAL of obstacles to engagement provides for perhaps the only executable strategy in an asymmetrical war. I believe the tactics to be strategically superior and effective.

Carlos

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

yea..Bush is a pathological guy. Cheney is evil.

He won the war. Our guys became troops of occupation. The locals went right back to the civil hositlites that have been going on for centuries. The weapons Clinton and the UN looked for may have just gone over the border.... who knows?

What Bush and Co did was NOT plan to win the peace. That is what I'd fault them for. I think the US govt since Bush Sr knew we would be back ... but nobody though much on how to end the civil war and maintain social order in the region when the dicator was out of the picture.

The real question for debate in this years election is who can put stabilty back in the region? As long as we leave military in the region with a civil war going on our guys will get killed.Clinton and the UN knew there were WMD in-country...do we bail out ...and let whoever comes to power "find" those weapons?

McCain or Obama... I dont think it will be easy for either to solve this issue. I think we get the stay-leave issue a little confused, it's more complicated than that.

Hill

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    it's more complicated than that

It is now that whatever infrastructure and government controls that existed under Hussein have been destroyed.

The role of Ahmed Chalabi in this debacle is not to be underestimated.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    When your country is completely overrun by fundamentalist nutters who demand and receive their "right" to practice their bizarre, repressive religion at the expense of everyone else, you MAY one day come to appreciate Bush's tactics in the conduct of the war on terrorism.

Before Bush's invasion of Iraq, that country was NOT overrun by fundamentalists. Saddam Hussein had them in check. The initial invasion of Iraq and the ongoing war (which you are defending here) was not about "terrorism"l. However, in the power vacuum that America formed by removing Hussein, the fundamentalist Muslims overlords came to power and immediately made Iraq a much more dangerous place.

Strangely, after a common JW experience, presumably understanding the mindset, most here are apparently on-board with the idea that small groups of criminal maniacs can blow up buildings or airplanes or trains or military bases or embassies, killing hundreds to thousands per event...and somehow that is an excusable, "better" option.

So you're saying that anyone who disagrees with the Bush/Cheney approach to fighting terrorism is on board with the terrorists? You've bought into Bush's "you're either for us or against us" propaganda, i.e., his way is the only way?

I am probably alone in my beliefs here...but it is difficult for me to digest the idea that so many who have previously been denied their independence have so little appreciation or regard for the right to pursue happiness that they're willing to allow a small group of anti-social religious zealots to abuse them (again) and then rob them blind.

So any ex-JW's who aren't on board with Bush's anti-terrorist plan are weak pacifists who don't want freedom and don't love their country? Bush's incursion into the Middle East has caused millions of young Middle Easterners who were indifferent about America to turn into America-haters. Bush's execution of his war on terror has in effect bred millions of new potential terrorists. If / when America ever gets the hell out of Iraq, then the America-hating leaders over there won't have any fuel for their fire.

• VM44
    VM44

Before 2003 there was solid evidence from the International Atomic Energy Agency that Iraq had not restarted its nuclear weapons program.

That program had ended in 1992 with the first Gulf War.

The Bush administration simply ignored the facts in its pushing for the war.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit