Who lets it be known that they were once a JW?

by lfcviking 37 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

If people start talking about them, I will tell them that I used to be one. There are usually lots of questions - but not always. I always preach that the best way to piss off a JW is to be happy and not tell them to *&&^ off at the door - a typical dub just can't get they're head around people being nice to them.

We usually have a good laugh over it. The usual response is 'I would never have guessed!'.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Maybe if you are female it is simpler - I know not!

I have no problem saying it and will do so because I ahve so much life control from those years to fill what should be happy nostalgia!

But it will not get you laid!

So lie and say you are some hero if you can!

Maybe I am so conditioned from childhood tht I cannot even lie to get sex!

Just the way it is!

And it definitely will not help you get a partner!!!

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I gladly tell others that I was raised a JW. I work every holiday, do not cheat on my wife and enjoy raising my children. Those qualities make me stand out among co-workers.

I still have a great relationship with God and I am considered honest and SPIRITUAL by many.

I have nothing to be ashamed of.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont tell many people I was once a JW. But sometimes that explains why I am where I am today.

• dh
    dh

i tend to say i had a childhood where i was hammered with religion and i describe it, and if they ask i'll tell more. sometimes it comes up at xmas and birthdays, i was born on xmas day so once people find that out it usually begs the same question, 2 sets of presents or 1 set of presents, and when i say none, they ask why, and then i can tell them i was raised a jw and blah blah blah, didn't have much of a childhood. i've had it all my life but i actually have a sense of pride that i came out of that ridiculous organisation having been born in and i never feel ashamed to say it.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

depends on the situation. I don't rush into it. But I am proud of being an ex-JW.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I used to quite often, but I am trying to identify less as an exJW and more as just a person. But I do still tell people if the conversation naturally goes there. When I was little and not a JW I got two sets of presents-my BD is Jan 2nd. My great grandmother's was the 24th of December. Capricorns rule!

dh -Hey hows it going? Are you actually in Africa or still in Hong Kong? Good to see you online.

• Honesty
    Honesty

My mouth is like a runaway freight train.

Almost everyone wants to know how to...

Stop JW's from knocking on Saturday morning

Witness to JW's without offending them or getting into an argument about the nature of Jesus

Meet one of those pretty JW girlz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit