Is Customer Service/Common Courtesy a dinosaur ?

by AK - Jeff 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Personally, I prefer places like Sheets or Starbucks, where I can just deal with a nice little robot/touchscreen.

They never glare at me, I love computers, they always get my order right, they don't get impatient if I take a while to decide, they don't feel the need to ask me if I'm related to her uncle's wife and most of them say please and thank you... Even if it's a requirement and not something you would generally be expected to say 'please' about...

Human: "Get away from there you moron! You wanna get zapped?!"
    Me: "I wasn't gonna touch it! Get off my back!"

Computer: "Please do not touch that wire or you may be paralyzed for life or die. Thank you."
    Me: "No no, thank you!"

Human: "Would you hurry up and order, I haven't got all day."
    Me: "Just wait till I'm done peon, it's not like you have anything better to do"

Computer: "This unit will restart after 30 seconds of inactivity, to continue ordering please press the:"Continue Ordering" button."
    Me: *push* "Now let me see the soup selections again..."

Human, in broken english: "Wer outta fries, but here's yer hum sub."
    Me, enunciating: "Did you say 'ham'? No, I ordered an Italian sub with no MAYO and extra TOMATO."

Computer: Doesn't say anything because it included a little "Sorry we're out" sign next to the fries button thus preventing me from ordering it in the first place, and it always gets the order right, and prompts me for my language before I even start.
    Me: "Mmm, good sub."

Now if they could just replace the ditzy, underdressed, zit infested waitress with a shiny, sterilized android I'd problaby eat there every day.

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The customer service at my local bank is good, but the employees try to be
    meticulous and check signatures and make sure all the i's are dotted and
    t's are crossed (or whatever they do) so that the whole ordeal takes forever.

That would be fine, but they almost always make an error when crediting the
    account or when handing the cash over. Then they say they have to count
    their drawer later. I insist that it be done NOW, because the errors can
    multiply. They always complied.

It got to be such a hassle that I never use the human being. The ATM never
    makes these mistakes. I hate to say "the computer is always right" because
    that is not true, but in this case it generally is the better way to go.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My point is this - My attitude was if they could'nt pay me even half decently to get me to be where I needed to be. Like enough to rent an apartment instead of just a room, then they would get inferior work from me. I was NOT going to bust my nuts working hard for the measly little bit of pay they let go of.

Inferior pay = inferior service.

Great pay = great service.

Then, why agree to work there in the first place? I took jobs like that while I needed one and KEPT LOOKING for other work. The situation is that the customer is not responsible for how your boss treats you. A jopb that gives you no respect is more common today than ever before, so it is hard to find a job that pays well, rewards you with bonuses and other bennies, but they are worth looking for. That is part of the reason I am IN COLLEGE against what the John Class says. Know why? Because the John Class don't pay my rent or my wife's medical bills! I am bitter but I try to be nice....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit