Is Customer Service/Common Courtesy a dinosaur ?

by AK - Jeff 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well - it looks like the problem might be fairly universal. The Cal chain that has overcome it might be a model for some to follow it seems.

Didn't mean to ignore the thread - hadn't got back to take a look. I hope someone finds a way to address this, as a bit of good humanity is being lost in this problem I think. It likely extends far beyond the narrow focus here - but this is certainly where it is most easily observed.

Thanx for all who contributed.

Jeff

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

I remember back when I had to work at McDonalds. I was paid $7 per hour. On top of that, if business was slow they would tell you to leave early. I lived paycheck to 4 days until payday. All I could afford to rent was a room, not an apartment, just a room. and food for a week or so. And of course a case of beer.

My point is this - My attitude was if they could'nt pay me even half decently to get me to be where I needed to be. Like enough to rent an apartment instead of just a room, then they would get inferior work from me. I was NOT going to bust my nuts working hard for the measly little bit of pay they let go of.

Inferior pay = inferior service.

Great pay = great service.

• erandir
    erandir

Man...you ain't kiddin'. And I thought it was just a local problem. But everywhere we go, we are getting lousy customer service.

However, I believe in the saying "You get what you pay for." Go to a classier, pricier restaurant, and their service will be fine if not exceptional.

I think it boils down to people fed up with getting paid minimum wage and expected to work as if they are getting paid twice that. I don't believe in that kind of work ethic, but I know those who do.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Good God - what is this country coming to? We pay double what we should for products that are inferior, service that is poor or non-existent, and there is not even enough respect to the paying customer to show kindness when we hand them our money [and thereby keep them employed]. <<<<<<<<<<

LMFAO! Holy hell that is funny. Classic example as to why the rest of the world laughs at the USA. So all you have to worry and bitch about is some inferior service at some obese encouraging fast food joint? I wish thats all I had to worry about. What your country has come to is a bunch of suburban fat assed lazy fucks that have no idea what is going on. It sucks to, because the USA USED to be a bad assed place to live. Sorry but 95% of your people suck, and they are dragging down the rest of you like an anchor.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Is customer service a dinosaur? Yes. I was recently in a shop where I put the bill I was paying with on the counter and slid it over to the cashier while he was ringing up my purchase. I was then subjected to a chiding wherein the cashier stated how offensive it was that I put the bill on the counter instead of handing it to him. He asked how I'd feel if someone did that to me. I said I wouldn't care. I then apologized that my mind-reading abilities were on the fritz that day - he graciously replied, "That's OK."

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    LMFAO! Holy hell that is funny. Classic example as to why the rest of the world laughs at the USA. So all you have to worry and bitch about is some inferior service at some obese encouraging fast food joint? I wish thats all I had to worry about. What your country has come to is a bunch of suburban fat assed lazy fucks that have no idea what is going on. It sucks to, because the USA USED to be a bad assed place to live. Sorry but 95% of your people suck, and they are dragging down the rest of you like an anchor.

What did anyone say here to turn this into a rant against America? No one indicated that all we have to do down here is "bitch about is some inferior service at some obese encouraging fast food joint", did they?

Since you believe that the US is such a bad place to live, and can find nothing but rude and crude Canadian gutter language to describe an entire nation of people, I would imagine that your best course of action would be to keep your "suburban fat ass" up there.

I don't think I would have ever jumped on a thread discussing customer service issues in Canada to slam your entire nation - oops, I am sorry, 95% of it. What a sorry son of bitch you must be Wildabeerman!

Jeff

• nelly136
    nelly136

uhohhh you ate the B&G after you'd complained?

hope you were able to watch the food chain while you waiting for the replacement.....some pretty weird stuff can happen to complaining customers food.(even if their complaints are viable)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Jeff, I agree the anti-American rant was uncalled for. Customer service has gone to hell here in Canada too. Just a few examples:

1. Toronto's water department sent us a water bill for my mother's house. The bill was for 35,000 gallons of water, the most ever in the 35 years the house was in our family. Oh yeah - the house was vacant for the entire billing period - and more. I called the water department to dispute this a number of times, and every time I called I got the same idiot - Francois - on the phone. He had no understanding of basic arithmetic in 2003 when this began. Today, he still doesn't. More than 5 years later, the saga continues. Two months ago they finally aggreed to send a refund. We're still waiting for the cheque.
    2. Businesses no longer thank me for my business. Rather, I catch myself thanking them for giving me my change. Their reply is usually, "no problem".
    3. One restaurant provided me with cutlery rolled up in a napkin, complete with a dead cockroach.
    4. Another restaurant gave me a mouldy piece of cake.
    5. A Radio Shack cashier refused to give me the product I purchased, my change, or my reciept unless I gave him my drivers license to photocopy. I paid with cash. He initially asked for my postal code for their database. When I refused to give him my postal code (I don't give out personal information to merchants) he demanded my drivers licence. It nearly came to blows. The lineup behind me was growing, and a couple of other customers were shouting at the cashier by the time the store manager got there and finally gave me my product, receipt, and change. No apology though.
    6. Why is it that fast food employees heads spin the minute I order something other than a combo meal? They never get it right. Ok, often they don't get the combos right either. And never use the drive through! Several times I got my burger minus meat in a drive through.

I could go on all day but I haven't had my coffee yet.

W

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    hope you were able to watch the food chain while you waiting for the replacement.....some pretty weird stuff can happen to complaining customers food.(even if their complaints are viable)

The reason why I daren't use our local KFC any more!

• brinjen
    brinjen

I avoided a certain Hungry Jacks outlet in South Australia after a couple of their former employees told me about the extra ingredient some of them added to the sauce. You don't want to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit