Failure....oompa did not take his life back

by oompa 39 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac
    However I am trying to turn this into "the best thing that ever happened to me!" Please tell me this event will make me stop for good..............................

Are you involved in AA meetings? I know you said that you were making some sort of appointments... Keep up with those... Keep people involved... Even still, there may be points that you drink, but more then likely, there will be a lot more sober days...

One big thing, (I think)... Even if you have days you drink, Admit it... If you don't, it will start to become easier to fall into the ways you were before... If you do admit it, when the time comes again, you may just think twice...

We are here for you Oompa, every step of the way...

• oompa
    oompa
    cognac: You know what I was thinking Oompa??? You never had to post this thread... The fact that you did IS A VERY BIG DEAL!!!

Thank you cognac, I thought it would be good for me to come clean and to let my new family out there know the real deal. Beleive me, I already know I am not alone in this position. I have gotten several pms about some of my drinking posts, and some were very inquisitive, and admitting their own problems. I have already learned sooooo much from you guys about so many things, and have gotten so much support here. I am really wanting to know about ANY form of treatment, but do have trouble with the "only the Higher Power" helping you get sober, and that is maily because I am pretty agnostic now. Thanks OTWO AND Jk666

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I have empathy for you oomp , we've all been down that road along with you , you've made a positive stand against being involved with corrupt religious organizations

now how about going a step further and start living a clean and healthy lifestyle , something your family can be made proud of in doing so !

You are the only one now responsible for designing and creating your own personal identity , lets see what you can do !

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Oompa you will never truly be able to give up your addiction until you have something that truly motivates you to want to. I hope that makes sense.

I suffered with an addiction of my own, social drugs, for a long time. It wasn't until I met my hubby that I even cared about stopping. But he told me that he didn't mind if I continued taking the drugs as long as I wasn't under the effect of them when he was around. Well I really wanted to hang out with him and get to know him. This inspired me to make a clean break. And I've never looked back.

You can do it! But you have to really want to do it.

But you are on the right path petal... I believe in you.

• cognac
    cognac
    I am really wanting to know about ANY form of treatment, but do have trouble with the "only the Higher Power" helping you get sober, and that is maily because I am pretty agnostic now.

lol - glad I didn't offer to pray for you this time... LMAO

Anyways, sorry I don't have to much to really help you, just support... But, I'm here if you want to talk, if that helps any...

• oompa
    oompa
    Homerovah: we've all been down that road along with you , you've made a positive stand against being involved with corrupt religious organizations

now how about going a step further and start living a clean and healthy lifestyle , something your family can be made proud of in doing so !

Now I like that man! Having the balls to pull the plug on my fake faith was extremely hard....That means I can do hard things, and sobriety for many people is hard. Thank you for the positive thinking..............oompa

• JK666
    JK666

Oompa,

I hope that your jails are as nice as the ones we have up here (just kidding). I have a feeling they are not like the one for Otis in Mayberry! Keep remembering how awful it was, and whenever you get the urge to drink, remember where your last one landed you. I know that this in itself isn't enough to stop you from drinking again, it just might help when you have the urge to not do it.

John

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You need to go to AA. You need 90 meetings in 90 days.

Some people have rocks for their higher powers.

When you get sick and tired of being sick and tired thats what you should do.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

oompa,

Having the balls to pull the plug on my fake faith was extremely hard....That means I can do hard things, and sobriety for many people is hard.

Bravo!! This is THE MOST potent weapon in your arsenal. As long as you can remember this, you will survive - and thrive.

GentlyFeral

• JK666
    JK666

jb,

Good advice! I have a few friends in AA that have been sober for years and are complete athiests. The steps work if you are honest, open minded, and willing to do whatever it takes.

John

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit