black pudding ?

by applejuice 16 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

During my last trip overseas I had hot and sour soup with congealed duck blood. This is a very typical meal in southeast asia. Not too tasty, in my opinion.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    That would be safe, just don't eat it intravenously.

Dinah is right. Even a small sausage would be big enough to cause an occlusion, which could result in a stroke.

Best to keep such sausages out of your blood vessels!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Funny thing my wife loves Morcilla, (spanish black pudding) my JW family were talking about how that is so nasty and wrong, and my wife (never had any thing to do with JW's before me) says I get why you think blood is sacred, but this is pork blood, after all you eat the flesh??

• shell69
    shell69

This has brought back a very distant memory.

In the 70's I remember my mum and a few other sisters in the cong writing to main suppliers, requesting confirmation that their products were free from blood. All the replies they got by mail were kept in a file at the kh library.

Anyhows, one of them wrote to the then manufactuers of 'Borvil'. Bovril could not guarantee that their products were free from blood, therefore I was instructed by mum not eat any of thier products.

Guess what crisps were my favourite flavour?

Gutted. I have to add, that now... when I want a packet of crisps, and I feel like eating bovril flavour.. I HAVE THEM!

Onto black pudding. never ate it in my life until December of last year. Ordered a cooked breakfast in work, and though. what the hell.

I have to be honest, it didn't taste as bad as I though it would, but I only had a tiny taste and left the rest.. just the though of what it was made me want to puke. Maybe a little bit of the dub programming remians! lol

Shell69

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

If you're not a baptized witness then eat whatever the hell you want to. I would think if you're in then it would be considered "wrong".

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Does anyone remember back in the mid-to late 80's the JW boycott of Wendy's Hamburgers, because there was some kind of story going around that they soaked the burger patties in blood. I remember Wendy's use to be one of my favorite places to eat, then when my parents went along with the ban I use to have it behind their backs. It didn't last too long though as I remember we were eating it again with in a few years.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

To Worldly Andre about that Wendys thing. There was a discussion here about that a while back and the consensus was that it was a nasty rumour that got taken as fact by many dubs.

We have Wendys here too but I wasn't aware of any local boycott by the dubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit