Did You Consider Yourself a "Good Witness"?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Evidently
    Evidently

Growing up an elders son, with several uncles who were elders, and even a great-uncle who was of the annointed, I had NO OTHER CHOICE but to be a "good witness". Its interesting though, there was always a voice in my head that said somethings not right here. When I finally got to a stage in my life where I was able to stop blocking out that voice, it was the beginning of the end for me.

Looking back, even though I had parts in assemblies as a youth, aux pioneered a couple of times, I never reached out to become a MS or elder, and it was because of that little voice.....so I guess in retrospect, no I was never a "good witness".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Back when I was in, I never missed a boasting session (probably because a hounder would pick me up regularly for each one). And I was regular in field circus, going out and wasting about 20 hours a month on it. It was not good enough for them--they wanted me to pioneer (so they could exploit my celibacy to the full), and then become an assistant hounder so I could join the Value Destroyer Training School and then drag the whole world into the cancer.

I did not go to that point. Once they told me to start pioneering, I answered that, since they hounded me, if I did it would be for them and not truly voluntarily. Therefore, it would have not counted. And no, I never became an assistant hounder (even though I did get stuck behind that fxxxing magazine counter for a time, and I did assist the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" for a time.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Third generation witness, I've kept out of trouble, regular pioneered for years, always done heaps of Bible study, answer three times at every meeting. Over the years I seem to attract witnesses asking me for advice spiritually, and a couple of younger girls have told me that I was their spiritual mentor.. eek.

At the same time though, I love a good time, so when I was pioneering every six months the elders would drop in to let me know that the last party was too loud, or that someone had reported something about me that they didn't like, usually my skirt being too tight or something like that (the downfall of having a hotter body than most of the sisters *sigh* ;-) LOL)

I know that any move to leave on my part will be a pretty big deal, not least because of the fact that I'm one of the primary social organisers around here.. haha who's going to arrange all those loud parties when I'm gone?

xxx

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Married a regular pioneer sister, was appointed as an elder at 27 - was considered "cream of the crop" for sure but it was all based on their cultish programming and was a wasted few years... so glad to be out - even though I am 30 now....

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I was comparatively good. I didn't pioneer, but always gave good talks (as if that were hard... ). I always wanted to have the moral upper hand. When my friends were busy getting in trouble for parties, and getting in trouble for dating girls, I was always the one who didn't have that problem. I was part of that rare group that never had to go upstairs for a grilling session.

When I was an MS, they used to call me "Little Big Elder" and "Future CO."

Nowadays? People avoid talking to me and don't give me glowing compliments anymore. They're uncomfortable with my stepping down as an MS, and since the gossip mill can't lead to any concrete reason why I stepped down, they just try not to talk to me in general.

It's refreshing, really it is. It'll prepare me for when they're not allowed to talk to me at all.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I never felt that I was good enough. I didn't do too many bad things but I thought about them. I didn't conduct the family study as often as I should have. I didnot read all the literature. I didn't pray enough. All the while my wife (now ex) never was shy about telling me how I was not taking the spiritual lead for the family.

I sure miss those good old days.

• minimus
    minimus

I was a "fine example".....Look at me now!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Minimus ...

You are still a fine example !!!

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

Awwwww

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Yup I was considered a good witiness. Of good standing, put in 10 + hours, pioneered occassionally, gave fantastic answers, brilliant talks and made people laugh.

That lasted till I was about 17 - then I got reproved for drinking - though I hadn't got drunk and the elders son only got spoken too, no reproof. There after I became strongish again but that little seed of doubt was sewn. Still did everything first listed but there was no joy in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit