Did You Consider Yourself a "Good Witness"?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Bad Mickey.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Sincere, conscientious, thoughtful, faithful - still am those things, just not for the WTS.

So I was viewed as someone with a promising "career"...

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I was mostly "weak". There was a period after I moved out of my parent's house and before I married that I was considered pretty "spiritual" but lead a very double life- I just didn't advertise it.

My family was always fringe witnesses. Actually, I think the "lift" that made me be perceived as extra spiritual when I moved out was because I went on my own without my parents dragging me.

I would periodically live with another family during my youth, and they were one of the pillars in the hall though.

I married into one of the mega spiritual families- all but one of the male's in my DH's family are or were elders/servants/bethelites/etc. His paternal grandfather is the only "unbeliever".

• flipper
    flipper

How I was considered depended on which elders you talked to ! LOL! To some , I was the " cream of the crap " ! To others I was the " cream of the crop " ! I was a cooperative witness who was upbeat , commented, pioneered , but they didn't like my flipside- I was just , had opinions , and wouldn't kiss up to anybody, elder or not ! But, I thought I was a good , loving fair witness ! And, I suppose I was considered as such - from those that really mattered

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

For a season I was good. Of course, I was coerced by 1975. I was a ministerial servant, pioneered and gave hour talks back then they were 55 minutes with 5 minutes for a commercial.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Just when I believed I was making some headway and becoming more spiritual, it would be pointed out how we needed to do more. So, I suppose that I was always weak, or at least not up to par with what they wanted.

• minimus
    minimus

"Do more= never doing enough".

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I perservered through regular pioneering and an abusive marriage, so I must've been a good witness. But the elders kept telling me to be a better wife, so I guess in their eyes I was the "cream of the crap" not cream of the crop.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I did... I tried my damndest to follow all the rules as well.

But I was a single 'sister' and the whole time I was growing up I had an unbelieving father. It didn't matter how hard you tried you just don't ever meet up to their lofty standards if you are in this situation.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Oldseeker, that WT point sounded interesting, I missed that - will go and check it out..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit