JW LOOPHOLE ON BLOOD IN PRINT!!

by Burger Time 42 Replies latest watchtower medical

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Some people say the "Generation MTV" cannot concentrate longer than 2:30min.

They must of never seen a kid play a Nintendo game! I swear, my kids couldn't even hear me talking to them even if I were right in their faces!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

You just have to be talking about something cool! Just be glad you don't have to keep up with internet fads! OK enough of hijacking threads!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    You just have to be talking about something cool! Just be glad you don't have to keep up with internet fads! OK enough of hijacking threads

Make the article into a Nintendo game. It will be read!

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

German XJW

This took place in the 90's? OK, so this just makes me MADD now! So much for the 'worldwide brotherhood' then. Different laws in different countries; different accommodations made by the JW hierarchy as to what constitutes 'violation' of 'God's law' and 'disfellowshipping' offence in different countries.

For someone who has the wherewithal to do a search and info on the different accommodations made by JWs to different countries in which they have 'obtained' 'legal recognition' -unfortunately, I wouldn't know how to access such document, I think this would be a HUGE EYEOPENER to the rank and file about how duplicitous this organization is from the TOP DOWN....and cavorting with the political system ala the 'whore of Babylon' - I remember when to be a Witness meant to follow the Biblical injuction ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD - PERIOD. It's all so different now. No wonder Witnesses as a whole are becoming more and more confounded. It's only those of us on the outside now who SEE THE LIGHT!

• XJwFree2BMeWJC
    XJwFree2BMeWJC

I don't know what the facts are concerning this aspect of it, but hasn't the Watchtower been spending millions in lawyers fees for parents right to refuse blood transfusions for children?

Are they tired of the lawsuits thus making a loophole to save them money?

Does this mean they will stop funding lawsuits against doctors and hospitals that rule for the child?

No matter what the truth behind it is, it is a ray of hope for the children.

Apostate Kate

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I know that due to the Bulgaria situation a member accepting a blood transfusion is not disfellowshipped- but rather has voluntarily disassociated him/herself. Their own words are taken at face value (if they admit they did this but claim they are repentant their words are accepted, the same as if they claim they are not repented they have voluntarily given up their status).

Is this the case in the US as well? Globally?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    Does this mean they will stop funding lawsuits against doctors and hospitals that rule for the child?

The very last sentence on the HLC-form quoted by Weber reads: " If blood is transfused in an emergency that team of doctors and the clinic have to bear the consequences of their actions."

To me, this sounds like a legal threat.

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

This article is very interesting.

Thanks for posting the link.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I know twins who must be at least 13 now who were born premature. In 5 minutes the Doctors had court orders for transfusions- and the family were never questioned or made to feel bad about it. I thought it was always understood that if there was a court order than you had done what you could?

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Well this article implies that there was a think tank and it was decided by all parties the best option would be to have a court order for the transfusion. I don't think it has ever been implied that this is an option. It's only a last ditch effort by courts you can't fight. My Mom read it and said, "What the sister said, was true....they did all they could in obedience to the command to abstain from blood.".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit