JW LOOPHOLE ON BLOOD IN PRINT!!

by Burger Time 42 Replies latest watchtower medical

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

BT,

I didn't mean to step on any toes. Most people will not read thru such a long article to see what the loophole is. It is not until page 7 or 8 that the point is made. I thought by posting more of the article, so people can see the loophole in the context, you will get more hits on this thread. It actually is a huge find. Thank you so much for posting it! Lilly

lovelylil- that descriptions kinda sounds like a WT article doesn't it? LOL Put the "new light" in a QFR in the back instead of in the main study article where it will surely be seen.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Actually I was just joking around. I wanted to post before lunch so thus why I pretty much just left it open. It originally was just pointing to the article then I read the article and realized how important it could be, so I just had time to edit the original thread subject. Will copy and paste what you were nice enough to copy and paste lili.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

This is one of the most well-written, and thought-provoking articles on the 'blood issue' that I have read in a long time, and I agree, I think this is HUGE.

The WBTS' stance on this issue is all over the place...totally irrational, and incomprehensible. Truly, "blind guides" is all they are. After the Society's extensive pontificating on the subject, all James Pell*cchia can say is that it is "up to the individual to decide whether they want to apply that law or not." Interestingly, the only portion of his statement quoted in the article prior thereto is that tranfusion "would be a violation of God's law". The word 'transfusion' is not even a part of his quote. Transfusion of what though, neither the writer of the article, nor, presumably, James Pell*chia dares say. How hypocritical! It's all semantics, a magic show. In the end, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. However, the "Witness liason" is there to support your compromise, should you decide to take that route!

What a bunch of gobbledygook. Like others have so aptly said, the more the WBTS speaks, the deeper they dig their own grave.

Just my 2 cents.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

This is exactly the loophole JW have used in Germany to overcome this argument in the more than a decade long court case to get registered as a public body. In court, the WTS was represented by Prof. Dr. Hermann Weber who is not a JW. You still find the arguments in print and on the official website,

Armin Pikl, main JW lawyer in Germany, and Gajus Glockentin of the German branch office, published the essay "Jehovah's Witnesses as a Public Body" in 1998 in which they state (my poor translation from German):

"Weber is right in assuming that the parents in the end accept the enforcement of certain legal positions by the government."

You find this on the website of the German branch: http://www.wachtturm.de/0/pdf/rec/ues/1998/1998-09-01.pdf (p.28, first sentence bottom paragraph)

Weber that is referred to had stated in his essay in 1996(still my poor translation from German):

"By introducing medical treatment when seeing a doctor, parents accept such an action by the court (or should the situation arise an emergency measure by the doctor) and do not offer any resistance."

and commenting on the form used by the HLC

"[...]on the other hand they accept that the governmental legal system displaces the consent they refuse (and by means of this enforces the medical measure considered as necessary) without any thwarting (and without rejecting medical treatment altogether)."

You find this here: http://www.wachtturm.de/0/pdf/rec/ues/1995/1995-08-22-b.pdf (p. 207f.)

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Yea I knew that this was used German but I had never really seen where they kind of actively sought to have a persons force the blood issue. How must the parents of those quintuplets feel for going through all that trouble when all they had to do was work on a secret meeting to agree to let the hospital force the issue? I guess that is what is so surprising.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

German XJW

So am I correct in assuming that for every country the JWs want legal recognition in, they are prepared to bend over backwards in regards to the blood issue - just like in Bulgaria...similar thing now took place in Germany?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

As you can see this already took place in the mid 90s. By means of this, they have overcome the arguments against transfusions on minors. Adults are another cup of tea because they can decide on medical treatment on their own in Germany.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I just thought I better come clean about my stance on reading large documents. It reminds me of being a dub or in school. Now, when I see such things I have anxiety attacks! It's like I think I have to read this long article or else, which causes me to have a panic attack! Therefore, I end up not reading it. Some times, I can read a long article without having a stroke! But more often than not, I don't read it! If it's really important, I figure I could hire a lawyer to read it.

The Watchtower really screwed me up on reading! I use to love to read a long long novel. I wouldn't even pick up a Harlequin Romance! Now, if it's longer than a pre-k book, I won't read it!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Some people say the "Generation MTV" cannot concentrate longer than 2:30min.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

The article is actually well worth the read, even if I were a non JW I would appreciate the article and not lean either way on the issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit