JW LOOPHOLE ON BLOOD IN PRINT!!

by Burger Time 42 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

OK just read this article and didn't see it anywhere else. Anyways in this article the Liason committee gives permission for a "forced" transfusion. The article basically points out the loophole!! Awesome article!!!

I'm sure it's been posted but I don't feel like searching.

Llovelylil did the work to copy and paste where the article points out the loop hole which is:

The hearing took hours. The judge listened patiently to everyone's testimony and suggested a solution. The Azevedos could honor their beliefs and refuse to sign the consent. However, Craven herself would "authorize" - she was very careful, she said, to avoid the term "order," even though Jose and Maria had no choice - the surgery, and her name would appear on a separate authorization form. The Witness liaison supported this compromise, assuring the Azevedos that "if the judge orders it, then you are not going against the church teaching."

On August 20, Jacob was wheeled to an operating room at Children's, where Bacha's team opened the child's chest, cooled his body to 72 degrees, and connected him to the bypass machine, primed with donated blood. Jacob's heart lay still for a few hours as the surgeons performed the delicate switch of the great arteries. Repaired, the heart sprang to life when rewarmed and his chest was sewn closed. Hopefully, no one would lay eyes on the heart ever again.

Weeks later, Jacob, who has honey-colored hair and an easy smile, was feeding and growing like a healthy infant. I asked Maria what she thought might happen to Jacob's soul. "My conscience is clear," she said. She felt that the doctors, not the child or the parents, would have to answer for the transfusion. "It wasn't Jacob's decision," she said. "We took our stand and never compromised. Jehovah knows that I did not compromise my faith. What [the doctors] decided to do, that's between them and God. We don't judge them." Jose agreed: "God will have to analyze the situation. I cannot speak for him, but I know that God is a merciful God, and he does forgive."

Tacitly, the Watch Tower Society seems to endorse this end run around the transfusion ban for children. Its statement on blood products includes the following: "On occasion . . . medical personnel have sought court backing to give blood. Of course, Christians agree with laws or court action to prevent child abuse or neglect." Pellechia, the spokesman, says, "Under pressure, if a person caved in and made a decision that others would not have made, I believe there would be an understanding [and] empathy shown."

CLICK HERE FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

WOW read the article this could be something MAJOR.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Don't make us read 7 pages...just highlight the loophole, please.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The loophole actually goes against past teaching by the WT. Now the WT is basically saying if a court orders a transfusion, then the parent's can go long with it without compromising their conscience, because they must obey the laws of the court. And they should not fight it.

However, in the past we were to obey Jehovah IF what the secular authorities ordered went agains the Bible. We must obey God as rule above men.

So what about all those past kids who died because the parents hid them and took them out of hospitials in order to be faithful to Jehovah (the organization) over the secular authorities?

If I were a parent of a child that died because of not taking blood at all costs, I would be thoroughly PISSED OFF by this loophole.

And another thing we can see by this is that the whole Blood Law is toal bull**** to begin with. Lilly

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

That article is too long; Here is the important part of it;

The hearing took hours. The judge listened patiently to everyone's testimony and suggested a solution. The Azevedos could honor their beliefs and refuse to sign the consent. However, Craven herself would "authorize" - she was very careful, she said, to avoid the term "order," even though Jose and Maria had no choice - the surgery, and her name would appear on a separate authorization form. The Witness liaison supported this compromise, assuring the Azevedos that "if the judge orders it, then you are not going against the church teaching."

On August 20, Jacob was wheeled to an operating room at Children's, where Bacha's team opened the child's chest, cooled his body to 72 degrees, and connected him to the bypass machine, primed with donated blood. Jacob's heart lay still for a few hours as the surgeons performed the delicate switch of the great arteries. Repaired, the heart sprang to life when rewarmed and his chest was sewn closed. Hopefully, no one would lay eyes on the heart ever again.

Weeks later, Jacob, who has honey-colored hair and an easy smile, was feeding and growing like a healthy infant. I asked Maria what she thought might happen to Jacob's soul. "My conscience is clear," she said. She felt that the doctors, not the child or the parents, would have to answer for the transfusion. "It wasn't Jacob's decision," she said. "We took our stand and never compromised. Jehovah knows that I did not compromise my faith. What [the doctors] decided to do, that's between them and God. We don't judge them." Jose agreed: "God will have to analyze the situation. I cannot speak for him, but I know that God is a merciful God, and he does forgive."

Tacitly, the Watch Tower Society seems to endorse this end run around the transfusion ban for children. Its statement on blood products includes the following: "On occasion . . . medical personnel have sought court backing to give blood. Of course, Christians agree with laws or court action to prevent child abuse or neglect." Pellechia, the spokesman, says, "Under pressure, if a person caved in and made a decision that others would not have made, I believe there would be an understanding [and] empathy shown."

The article goes on to rightfully say this is a "cop out" for the WT organization. They are just "going around" in circles and ultimately not really fighting to keep the couple from obstaining of blood anyway. So what is the point?

Also what about all those thousands who gave in to the courts in the past, did not fight and were DF'd? Including my sister inlaw's mother? Is the WT going to opologize and reinstate them? Of course no.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

This seems to mirror the WT stance previously held on alternative military service...whereas one had to refuse alternative service. But if the court ordered the person to perform such service they could follow the court order and perform the service. This is probably something the WT will allow to go on...and will obviously cut down on the deaths of children...sllllooowwwlllyy this will be enlarged to ultimately remove the ban. I can see that happen...but again, very sssssssslllllllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I liked the "EMPATHY" part. Right away I saw what was coming. A WAY out for everyone concerned.

All you have to do is in the beginning, tell your doctor that if he has to get a court order then that will be alright with you. Just SAVE my family member.

NMG

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Hey! If I was too lazy to search why would I take all the effort to post the important part??

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

This is big. #1 this will take away the stigma of the JW doctine causing deaths and make the public image better (for those who have not experienced the repercussions of refusal). Probably exactly what the WT wanted as far as a springboard to removing the ban- make the changes seem minimal.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

BT,

I didn't mean to step on any toes. Most people will not read thru such a long article to see what the loophole is. It is not until page 7 or 8 that the point is made. I thought by posting more of the article, so people can see the loophole in the context, you will get more hits on this thread. It actually is a huge find. Thank you so much for posting it! Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit