Still think the Society is not running out of cash? ...

by sir82 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for posting this Sir. I've been busy and had hoped to have somebody confirm this piece of sh!t. Not just me, but others on the BoE are wondering, "why do they want money so badly all the time these days."

I'll see if I can get a copy to post, unless someone beats me.

Also, as was mentioned, what's happened to hall the "Kingdom Hall Building Fund" money? The yearbook, what I bothered to scan, didn't report anything on Halls being constructed anywhere with the cash, or did I miss that part.

Also, another International Boasting Session coming up. I assume there have already been threads explaining the "free vacation" scam with that...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

as you say - assett rich but not cash rich

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Dang, I'd really like to see the scan of this. Thanks for the heads up, sir82! What greed, eh? "Silly congregations, you need mother to invest your pennies for you."

Sadly this is not going to open any eyes. They're all going to take this as a sign that "the end is getting near" and they'll gladly give up their savings accounts to the Borg.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Wow...thanks for the info.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Oops!

My apologies to sir82. I had you confused with SirNose586.

I certainly wouldn't put it past SirNose to go 'nosing' around in forbidden briefcases.

OM

• Gayle
    Gayle

However, a recent analysis shows that only 10 percent of congregations in the United States are taking advantage of this provision."

I am surprised only 10% are doing this,,Are they concerned to put their money where there whole life is? May indicate some concern on behalf of R & F? I hope so.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Oops!

My apologies to sir82. I had you confused with SirNose586.

I certainly wouldn't put it past SirNose to go 'nosing' around in forbidden briefcases.

OM

Ehhhh....I think those days are over. I've no desire to steal bureaucratic letters. But if one happened to fall in my lap, you never know... Nowadays I just content myself with scanning the litter-ature.

• startingover
    startingover

Still hoping for a scan

• journey-on
    journey-on

My take is that the WT Corporation is laying the groundwork for something. First, they are presenting the suggestion

making it seem as if it is each congregation's choice. The BOEs with probably discuss it and some congs will think

it's a good idea, and some will keep it local. The next step will be a sterner "suggestion". If that doesn't work, then

they will come up with scriptures to show it is the godly thing to do. If that still doesn't work, then they will make it

mandatory.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My take is that the WT Corporation is laying the groundwork for something . First, they are presenting the suggestion

making it seem as if it is each congregation's choice. The BOEs with probably discuss it and some congs will think

it's a good idea, and some will keep it local. The next step will be a sterner "suggestion ". If that doesn't work, then

they will come up with scriptures to show it is the godly thing to do. If that still doesn't work, then they will make it

mandatory .

Okay, you about got it.

A suggestion like this makes the BOE discuss and vote on it. They expect that most BOE will be afraid to
    say NO. "Mother says it is a good idea." Some BOE will say they need the cash on hand but most will just
    go along. The next step is to send the C.O. around. He always looks at accounts. "Why aren't you brothers
    using the WT provision for your funds?" They will feel that they have to have a good reason and the C.O. will
    say that it is not a good reason, no matter what they say. Only a tiny handful will hold out from the pressure.

The C.O. will be told to stop using elders from that cong. in circuit and convention parts and responsibilities.
    They won't be told whazzup, but will guess. The C.O. and D.O. will brag about how well the Society is using
    these monies and the hold-outs will cave in. The tiniest of a tiny portion will refuse to cooperate, then they will
    have to show why they need the money again. If they hold out, the congregation will be the one that is abolished
    when they consolidate the area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit