Still think the Society is not running out of cash? ...

by sir82 56 Replies latest jw friends

• inbyathread
    inbyathread
    The funds earned by the branch office would then be available for use in building Kingdom Halls in lands with limited resources

It's been awhile since I was in a KH but don't they have separate boxs for their voluntary donations? 1. World Wide Work 2. Local Hall Needs 3. Kingdom Hall Building Funds

It's a scam and the blind don't even know it.

Someone just posted that he was going to be elevated to Elder status. (Hint: We really need a scan of this letter)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Since the rank and file don't have enough common sense to run their own lives, why shouldn't they also lean on the society to invest their collective funds? Christ, what's next? Maybe it will become a disfellowshipping offense if congregations don't sent their money to the gb!

• Sirona
    Sirona

The local congregation here already did this.

An old lady died and left all of her money to the congregation. It was something like £100,000. The congregation gave it to the society for safe keeping - for this very reason. Its been in place a while but they must be pushing for more now.

Sirona

• chikikie
    chikikie

It must be so hard for you sir82, just to be quiet when you are in elders meetings hearing all this, I dont know how you do it, without voicing your opinions, how can anyone be an elder and still believe its the truth?

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

OMG!! I just thought of something...A future scenario...The wtbts requests that ALL contributions, on the local level, be made out to the wtbts. The wtbts then doles out on an individual needs basis the money's required by the local cong for their operating expenses. No more need for the BOE to have ANY hands on that money that comes through the contribution boxes.

Total and ABSOLUTE control of all $$$ that are made to available to THE MINISTRY.

Total centralization of $$$ and abuse by the wtbts.

NMG

• Pickled
    Pickled

In the Douglas Walsh trial the WTBTS said in court that those who became part of the board of directors were issued $1000.00 worth of stock in the company. They also said that any member who wanted to buy in could purchase each share for $10.00

So what happened to those shares? And did any member ever get to sell theirs or cash them in?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

If they can persuade 6000000 humans to contibribute an extra $10 a month to help out where the need is greater they have $72000000 in a year alone!

peanuts for them with all their seductive mind control!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Sirona, is this also being done in Europe? I thought it was a US thing.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

OMG!! I just thought of something...A future scenario...The wtbts requests that ALL contributions, on the local level, be made out to the wtbts. The wtbts then doles out on an individual needs basis the money's required by the local cong for their operating expenses. No more need for the BOE to have ANY hands on that money that comes through the contribution boxes.

Total and ABSOLUTE control of all $$$ that are made to available to THE MINISTRY

Whats the next step? ill tell you, the congregations that dont make enough contributions to clear their bills will then be disbanded, their halls sold and the congregations consolidated untill they turn a profit.

When a cong buys or builds a hall who owns it? we know the answer to that, the society owns it but the local brothers pays for it. at any time they can disolve that cong and sell off its assets. they claim the money will go where the need is greater...... thats just a smoke screen to remove the possiblility of asking where it goes.

you imagine that your contributions are helping those in need somewhere in the world.... fact is they rarely make it out of new york.

its a shame but hopefully blatant stuff like this will open the eyes of more witnesses and cause them to get the hell outta dodge.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It always amazed me how 2nd 3rd generation JWs always made sure they did the elder people regularly for bible studies etc.

I used to wonder why they were so keen on older folks living alone?

I reasoned it was because they'd found true spiritual people and many were from that lost generation!

Reading some of these posts I see they knew where their bread was buttered where money is concerned!

How is giving, giving if you harbor notions of possible personal gain - but I'm sure they imagined it wasn't personal and would be monies Jehovah would put to good use when the WTS got their mawlers on it!!

So the WTBTS have sheep looking out for all manner of big bucks for them - unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit