"Pioneer " Witnesses to me in McDonald's Parking Lot / I Reverse Witness!

by flipper 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Flipper - Good job. You never know what your words may do - sometimes it takes time... and she may need to think about it... or some event later on - maybe years - may cause her to reflect back on what you said today.

"SIR NOSE- Yeah. I thought it was weird that her elders read the societies " letter " to the congregation. I didn't hear of any other congregations reading a letter about the child abuse settlements from the WTS , did you ? Did any other posters hear about congregations who read a letter from the society about the child abuse settlements ? Let us know if you did. Peace out, Mr. Flipper"

On this... I am thinking that maybe... just maybe... these 'letters' were read in those congregations affected directly by the settlements. I.E. where the people attended who were making the accusations.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Jim TX

• sustainedhaze
    sustainedhaze

Who knows if it did any good? Time will tell I guess, but just the fact that you made the effort counts for something. After almost 10 years of being df'd it is only of late that I feel the need to speak on what I know. Oh, for the chance that you had. I only wish my family would give me more oppurtunity to plant the seeds. But, even my family would have no problem branding me an apostate, making me even more off limits than before. Kudos to you!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

You've done her an enormous favour. We don't know if she has already seen things happen in the congregation and this may be just the thing to make her see them clearly.

Personally I found things on the wicked wicked web (www) when I was deep into the mind control of the WTBTS and chose to disregard it. however I never forgot it. Several years later for some reasion I began to remember what I had read. It was the beginning of the end... Or the beginning of the beginning of the rest of my life!!

• flipper
    flipper

JIM- TX- Thanks Jim. I think in time she may think about what I said or an event in her life will make her change - it takes time. It could be they read those letters in the congregations like you stated.

SUSTAINED HAZE- Thanks my friend. I hope you can help your family some time in the future. I'm glad you are speaking out too !

MISSPEACHES- It is true - she may have seen things already happening in the congregation making her think and question things. This might push her more in that direction ! I'm glad you looked at the web and it helped you get out of the witness cult ; and get on with your life ! Congratulations ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Mr. Flipper,

I am of the opinion that no one ever does a 180 from a religious world-view in 30 seconds. But you planted a seed. And that is what counts. Seeds, by definition, have the potential to GROW.

Good on ya'.

• Casper
    Casper
    I'm gonna educate her and make her really EARN her time ! " LOL!

And that you did, Mr Flipper...

I am sure you gave her something to think about. I am surprised she stayed involved in the conversation as long as she did... most cut and run. So, just maybe you touched on something she had thought of or seen, herself and she wanted to hear more.

You did good,

Cas

• justhuman
    justhuman

Nice try Flipper. You did your best. But you never know how your questions will act as a time bomb in the future. I recall my self when I was at the my late teens and I was pioneer, there was a lady I have met in the field service. She told me few things about Christian faith. She didn't knew lot about the JW's it was in the early 80's back then but I will never forget the kind way she spoke to me.

She ask me to examine my faith, and how can an American religion that is less than 120 years old, comes to preach to a land that Christianity has 2000 years of history. A place where St. Barnabas was the first Bishop of Cyprus, Lazarus came and lived in Kition and there he was annointed as a Bishop, and Apostle Paul preached the gospel. She ask me kindly to read Christian history and not allow my self to be mislead by a religion that claims to be Christian but they have no connection with Christianity.

It was 25 years ago and I still remember her words. I wish I wouild have listen to her that time, I would have save my self from a LOT of trouble. And I believe this is how we should treat a witness that comes to preach us. WIth kindness and mildness, and pray that Jesus will open their close minds.

Good job Flipper

Peace

• Praying4Justice
    Praying4Justice

Good for you, Flipper!!

I'm sure since you caught her off guard and she wasn't expecting you to know, be familiar with, or even talk about any such information regarding the Watchtower, and because you delivered these facts in a nice, concerning way, she listened more intently. That glazed look seems to take over when they catch themselves doing what they're told not to do. . ."listen" to any outside information. She may have told her friend in the car everything you said, or maybe just part of it depending on her friend's reaction. She might have even made up a story to her friend to throw her off and that way she can ponder over what you said without her friend being suspicious that she may believe you. We won't know.

When I brought up the child abuse issue with my daughter, I said to her that I hope that the Watchtower is not "still" talking bad about the Roman Catholic Church and any other religions regarding this issue now that they've been found guilty of the same thing. When I said that, she looked at me with a concerned look and she was "listening" to me for a little while before I could tell she was starting to get a bit restless and fidgety because she didn't want to hear anymore. She started to feel uncomfortable when I mentioned that at least a representative from the Catholic Church admitted the crime took place and publicly apologized while the Watchtower denies, makes excuses, and still tries to hide this information from their members. Thanks for the reminder about NBC Nightly News and Dateline programs. I'll have to bring that up too one day on the off chance she might get access to a computer and check it out.

All we can do is continue to reveal the facts every chance we get.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Flipper, I think what you did was admirable and exactly what any of us should do when confronted with a witness. Tell them the truth and see how they make excuses for it. HOWEVER, the same exact behavior in other religions is condemned.

But any step, any crack opening the door, will help to at least bring about consideration. That's the point. We never know, she may wind up on here in a year or two.

Reading that made my day.

• RebelWife
    RebelWife

Good job! I didn't see the show, but I wondered about her saying it was an isolated circumstance. Really? Like I said, I didn't see the show, but it wouldn't have come across as an isolated incident, would it? And I love the remark about the two big, strong angels wanting her to hear what you said!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit