"Pioneer " Witnesses to me in McDonald's Parking Lot / I Reverse Witness!

by flipper 50 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty
    "child abuse situation had been handled , that it was an isolated circumstance , and that the situation was over and had been rectified. "

Question - What has changed since then?

Answer - I don't know the specifics but I trust the Organisation.

Question - In that case would you be concerend to find out about a current court case involving exactly the same issue in the same State as the $$$M was paid out?

• JK666
    JK666

Flipper,

All and all, it's just another brick (out of) the wall.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

BESTY- Yes. You are right ! Nothing has changed since the child abuse settlements. And yes, there are other cases in the same state happening as we speak. The young lady and other witnesses are just too trusting of the powers above them to handle things right.

JK- I agree. Just trying to take those bricks out of the wall . The WTS put lots of bricks in the wall and in these people's minds

• megaflower
    megaflower

mr. Flipper-bravo for speaking out. I had a similar situation you spoke about and I was the young women too. A kind man spoke to me about 10 years ago and I always kept what he said in the very, very back of my mind. I was not ready to face the many truths he spoke of. I firmly believe that he was a large part in my breaking free from this cult. I ran into this man about 6 weeks ago and retold this event to him. He had tears in his eyes and have me a hug. So, you see you just planted a seed and one day you may see her again too.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I hope you have helped that woman to think further than the mind-control she is under Mr. Flipper. We can but try so well done

Maddie

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Every little bit helps...good on you, mate!

• minimus
    minimus

Good witness! I think you were quick on your feet considering you were tired.

I do believe that helping her THINK was a very good way to end it...Who knows?

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Good for you! Even if she dismisses it later, at least you planted a seed there. Funny, my friend told me a witness approached him in much the same way, with a memorial invite. He said he asked her a couple of questions about the org and she didn't know what to say! Goes to show that half the folks "in" don't even know what it's all about! :(

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Helloo Flipper,

You know it probably won't do a lick of good right now...but as we all know somewhere down the line she may just remember what you said and do some investigating. We know that she won't do this ...until her little world gets jostled around. She may end up in an abusive relationship...may get treated badly by her peers for bogus reasons...it could be anything that she deems unjust and unchristian. All it takes is something to trigger it. THEN she may just remember your sage words of advice to look past the curtain.

-BONEZZ

• flipper
    flipper

MEGAFLOWER- That is really a touching story about seeing the man again who helped you reason on things to get out of the witness cult ! I hope this young woman thinks about things I said as well, down the line !

MADDIE- Thanks Maddie. I hope she thinks outside of the " cult mind control" too !

VOIDEATER- Thanks. I too think every little word or thought we say helps !

MINIMUS- Thanks bro ! I hope I helped her to think - we shall see what happens in time !

POTENTIAL JWCONVERTS WIFE- I agree . I really think a lot of witnesses don't know what's going on - especially about the child abuse scandals ! At least I will have planted a seed or thought in her .

BONEZZ- Yes, I agree with you. It will take this young woman experiencing different injustices from within the witness organization to flash back into her mind some of the things I told her perhaps. Like you said , if she gets in a bad relationship, unjust treatment from elders, or others in the congregation - it may make her remember our discussion.

That is precisely what started getting me to think about leaving the witnesses. Unjust treatment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit