"Pioneer " Witnesses to me in McDonald's Parking Lot / I Reverse Witness!

by flipper 50 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

BIZZY BEE- I agree people don't change their deep held views from a brief seed planting session - however as you said maybe the seed I planted will grow !

CASPER- She certainly " earned " her time . I'm glad she let me keep talking to her for 30 minutes. She must have been wanting to hear it - or she would have walked away ! Thanks Cas !

JUST HUMAN- Thanks bud. I agree that if we just use kindness in giving out the information it can help them think about things. Many times the way we give out information to them will be more important than the message itself and will determine if they listen or not. I'm glad that lady helped you many years ago ! It must have left an impression on you !

PRAYING 4 JUSTICE- Thanks. She was listening intently - in and out of her glazed look as you say. I had the same reaction you did with your daughter , telling her about the child abuse issue, when I talked with my 34 year old niece a month ago about that same issue ! She looked concerned for awhile - then as I mentioned how the witnesses covered it up - this glazed Zombie like look came over her face - like I was talking through her ! Weird. But you are right, all we can do is reveal the facts to them - then let them ponder on it to eventually make a decision about it.

LAYLA 33- Thanks ! I agree that by just telling them the truth about things in a kind manner may get us a hearing ear ! At least we lay out the information for them to think about - and you never know , they may be a future member of JWD some day ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dawg
    dawg

Me loves me some Flipper, and don't hit me Flipper, but your wife's cool too...LOL! Good job my brother, I hope one day we meet, hopefully on a Bigfoot hunt!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Flipper: This may just be my observation but it's sounding to me like she already has doubts. I'm even wondering with the fact that she woke you up, with the 'witness' logic she's likely to use, she may eventually put it down to 'god led her to you'. I think she'll remember you, and she will think about what you said.

• flipper
    flipper

REBEL WIFE- Thanks. The elders or powers that be in the witnesses try to always minimize damages in this by using the " it's an isolated incident " card ! I'm sure the angels led me to her - not the other way around ! LOL!

DAWG- Love you too bro ! I take it as a compliment you like my wife dude ! LOL! I'd never hit me good old Dawg ! LOL! We shall meet sometime in the near future I'm sure bro ! You like the outdoors like us as well ! Maybe we can keep old Bigfoot company in the forest some night ! Thanks for the props !

BRINJEN- I agree with you. I think the young woman had doubts too. I didn't mind getting woke up - was glad to help her see this information ! I hope she thinks about what I told her

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good Job Flipper !

It seems obvious that she's been hit with the pedophile question before. That seemed a rather practiced response. No letter was sent to our congregation nor to any other that I've ever heard about.

The current, live, in-front-of-your-face question is what about the Gilbert Simental case playing out right now:

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_C_trial06.439464c.html

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880314011

Got any really good scriptures to justify protecting pedophiles from punishment by the superior authorities?

• flipper
    flipper

BILLY the EX BETHELITE- Good response , thanks ! I am keeping informed about that case you posted , thanks ! I don't have any scriptures that tell witnesses not to report pedophiles , but here is a scripture which should tell witnesses they are obligated to God to report child abuse : Romans 13 : 1, 2 notice it says :

" Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities , for there is no authority except by God , the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. Therefore he who opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God ; those who have taken a stand against it will receive judgment to themselves . " So, what that tells me is if the authorities say you must report child abuse in a reporting state such as California , shouldn't JW's follow the authorities God has set in place ? Otherwise they are preventing the authorities from doing their jobs of punishing pedophiles ! And disobeying God at the same time ! Something to consider ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• XOCO
    XOCO

Hey Mr. Flipper, U did a great jobit seems like the JW kids get lazier and lazier out in FS. IMO it makes doubts easier to set in as u can see with the girls reaction to child abuse scandals. Therefore i wanna give you a big dolphin kiss.

• flipper
    flipper

XOCO- Thanks for the kind words sis ! And the dolphin hugs and kisses ! That was cute ! I do think todays young witnesses are doubting the governing bodies lies more and more so perhaps they are lazy to defend it out in service - because they really don't believe it ! Could be . I hope the young lady thinks about it too ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It's good that you take the opportunity to educate her. Wish I had the opportunity - I think the witnesses implanted something in me that triggers an alarm 'cos one hasn't come near me in 3 years.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Once when I was like 13 and still believed, I was doing some parking lots. A nice guy slipped in a very small reverse-witness to me then, he just said something like "I admire what you're doing here, but keep seeking and keep asking". Now that I think back on it I'm sure he was an ex-JW. I don't know if what he said has anything to do with where I am now, but the fact that I still remember it shows that it is important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit