NOT WAITING ANYLONGER

by jst2laws 27 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy joy2bfree,

Sounds like a song.........

Nice to meet you. I don't go into chat unless I recognize some of the people there - and that I don't usually *fuss* with. Besides, I've a tendency to get too chatty. I was a secretary for years and can type fast - being the equivelant to talkin' fast, eh?

However, I would like to e-mail, and I icq infrequently. I chat there too much too - so *they* say.

May I ask, are you and jst2lws acquainted - or am I just assuming? I know there's several x-elders wives here. I'm not - my husband & I were waaaaay too stiff-necked.

Hope to catch up with you soon?

Hi Libby

Nice to meet you. May I ask how old your daughters are? And 2? Congratulations on leaving and setting a personal goal to meet for your daughters. I'm betting they will greatly appreciate you as they get older, sounds like they do now.

Btw, all the elders in our congregations sucked - played the underhanded lying game with us big time. *Sigh* Would have been nice to have an elder around like jst2lws - but I think those types are rare, or have already left for the most part.

My husband tried to talk to his elder brother, and he just turns off immediately. My sister's ms son (when she tried to talk to him about her doubts) said he just didn't want to hear them. Some help, eh?

Welcome to our forum, y'all!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Hi Waiting,
    Nice hearing from you again. I as going to e-mail you, but its locked. Feel free to e-mail me, if you want.
    Yes I have been "aquainted" with j2l for 29 years. Didn't know if you would catch it, but you did. I'll keep watching for you on chat. j2bf

• Liberated
    Liberated

Hi Waiting,

My daughters are teen-agers. All their friends still in the org so
    there is a pull there; but they are in positions to make friends
    elsewhere now. And they can see the change in me.

Libby

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Jst2laws:

Thanks for the encouragement. My "baby" is now three and half years old, had part of the heart problem repaired last September at Guy's Hospital in London, UK by the most wonderful paediatric cardiothoracic surgeon in the WORLD.

He gave me honest answers about the use of blood - no pie in the sky statements like "use of blood during surgery is totally unnecessary" (like the ones you read in the WT publications). He assured us that he would do his best to operate without blood but "in some situations there is no other alternative, but to transfuse blood" I found that reassuring.

"Baby" still left with problems, but manageable ones!!

I am also preventing her from attending meetings or being involved with ANY JW activity - therefore her future mental health will be stable as well!!

Its a busy life, but a happy one now!!

Nowfree

• Dino
    Dino

Hi Just2. When I read of your experiences earlier this year I was inspired to lurk no more and start posting. Our life experiences are similar and I could relate to your frustration. However just think. It sounds like you have true friends with you in this! That can mean so much at times like these.
    When we were studying that awful "Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy"
    book, I remarked to my wife, how can we be in the very last days not knowing who the king of the north is? Anyhow dont get me started on
    that book.
    Take it from someone who has been there, you will really enjoy your freedom from not having to teach something you know is a lie.As you go forward, remain a soldier of Christ. Your cyberfriend,Dino

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Dino,
    You said: “Hi Just2. When I read of your experiences earlier this year I was inspired to lurk no more and start posting”

And now you are up to 108 posts!! Truly a “lurker no more”.

Quote: “It sounds like you have true friends with you in this! That can mean so much at times like these.”

That is important. While only one of those original elders is local, it is good to have the others of the same mind. Then in a few months my wife started reading Ray F’s books and we have got the kids (ages 23, 22, 14) all with us too.
    Now we have made many friends here and on e-mail lists who support each other.
    Thanks for the encouragement and keep in touch.

Jst2laws

• rhett
    rhett

I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times. I love the way I left. I faded away just thinking the local elders were jerks but the dogma was still correct. Once I realized its not there was an elder I couldn't stand (big part of that was because he could never keep his mouth shut about anything) so I emailed him saying I no longe want anything to do with the WTBS knowing he'd pass it out to whoever wanted to read it. Of course I was right and I got word back from my best friend who was about to leave that he was wondering why I only emailed him. So, I wrote him again saying that I knew how big of a mouth he has and I didn't see the need to write anyone else. What was really funny about it was that I also admitted that I wasn't exactly pure on my wedding night, or even close to it which would be more than enough evidence to get me burned on a lot of stuff. I did that just to tease him. The last part of my last message to him basically said he could show this second email to everyone which would prove that I'm right about him having a huge mouth and make him lose credibility and burn me for my various encounters or he could keep it all to himself, save some face, but not report a wrongdoing that he knew very well about. Oddly enough I never heard anything else ever again from anyone at my entire old hall.
    Not only did I go out, I went out with a bang and, at least partially, took someone else out with me.
    Just have to be smarter than Bethel........

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Greetings, Jst2laws,

The WTS loses yet another caring human in you. Pity them.

: Another factor I doubt will set too well with you, is I do not want to jerk people out of the WT without first giving them a spiritual foundation to stand on.

The term "spiritual foundation" covers vast ground.

Are you certain that is the best path to take? If you rescue someone from a blazing fire, it is also your obligation to find that person suitable housing? If so, are you certain that the housing you find for that person will be something s/he will be happy about and comfortable about?

Or is it just the "housing" that you think will work for them?

The short of it for me at least is, "get them out of the burning building and help them all you can. Allow them with their newly found liberty to find their own destiny."

I'm not very bright, though.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit