NOT WAITING ANYLONGER

by jst2laws 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

It becomes increasingly harder to listen to all the 'crap' coming from the platform the longer you stay in. Then you begin to question if you're wasting your time at all them meetings.

But, if you feel you can help others by staying in, by all means do so. But usually it's less than you expected. If you're looking at it as 'stand up comics' you might enjoy staying also.

There is no 'rush' however to do anything. Afterall, 1975 is a long ways off yet!

Outaservice (Who got out in the 'nick of time')

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Jst2lws: Can i ask which country you live in?

I am in a similar situation.

I had doubts for about 2 years. My daughter was born with serious heart problems - blood issue came up (of course!!) - from that point on I could not accept that it was the "right" thing to refuse a blood transfusion and let your baby die.

A year ago I finally stopped attending meetings. My husband and his family did not ask why. My parents (dad was ex elder) and both brothers had also stopped attending. My marriage ended earlier this year.

I am currently involved in a court case and so JW image has been dragged through the mud by yours truly.

Throughout all of this, neither myself or my family have been disfellowshipped. JWs do shun us, won't even say hello in the street, but to our knowledge, we have not been disfellowshipped.

We are doing our best not to fade away quietly. We want people to know the truth behind Jehovah's Witnesses - we tell everyone we can, colleagues, relatives about the reality of being a Witness.

Nowfree

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Hi nowfree,
    How is your baby? Sorry to hear about your marriage (maybe not, though!) How nice it is to hear of others treating the sheep without a shepard kindly. I still feel there are some "good" ones who will respond. j2bf

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Nowfree,
    I’m in the US.
    I'm sorry to hear what you went through with your daughter. My son was on life support for 3 days at 11 months of age. It was the most stressful period of my life. You seem to be surviving.
    You said you “want people to know the truth……we tell everyone we can.” Good.

One of those brothers I spoke of above (the one exposed by his wife) has agreed to keep what he has learned to himself. Now that he is under their scrutiny he cannot get caught ‘telling everyone he knows’ or he will be cut off from his entire family. He has agreed and lays the burden of the consequences on his persecutors. I’m not sure I could do that but respect his decision and the circumstances in which he finds himself.

Those of us still inside for whatever reason and un-exposed could look for subtle ways to enlighten our friends with the truth. There are a lot of good people here and if we dismiss them for being stupid enough to be duped by the organization then we need to remind ourselves that most of us were duped at one time as well.

Those like you, Nowfree, will hopeful look for kind ways to expose the fraud from your position. I suspect this is a major motive of most of us here in the first place.

I hope I answered your questions and I appreciate your sharing your experience.

Jst2laws

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Jst2laws,

Tell your wife I said "howdy" - and perhaps she'll join us sometime? The other day, there were about eight women in chat, s-l-o-w-l-y a couple of men came in. Well, Mustang came galloping in!

It's a good place for jw women, we can converse as equals, either to learn, chat, hold our own, or backdown if wrong. But we can discuss freely - and that is a freedom.

Pass on our "welcome"?

As for my name, at first I was waiting, but after a week on the Internet - my husband & I knew it was too late to go back. Like others, I just wished I had clicked years earlier. Btw, when elders try to talk - or try to get us to da ourselves - we just continue to tell them "We're waiting on the Society to respond to us. They told us they would."

waiting

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Waiting

Quote: "Tell your wife I said "howdy" - and perhaps she'll join us sometime? The other day, there were about eight women in chat"

I suspect she found your response here before I did, but I'll make sure she checks it out. Actually she has posted for her first time recently and seems to be getting addicted.

Quote: "Btw, when elders try to talk - or try to get us to da ourselves - we just continue to tell them "We're waiting on the Society to respond to us. They told us they would."

Now that is a great approach. Come to think of it, I never got a response to my last correspondence to them.

Jst2laws

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I think if you have your family with you and even some friends that is good and you have already realized what many here hope for. Perhaps think about counting your blessings and begin fading away.

Staying active to help others increases your chances of being disfellowshipped, which makes it extremely difficult to help anyone.

One you realize the scam, eventually pretending by attending meetings drives you crazy. Field service becomes next to impossible. Hopefully you realize the importance of striking a balance between moving on and helping others.

There are no glorious ways of exiting this cult. Any hopes of 'beating the system' will be dashed to pieces if you play the game long enough. As long as you understand that.

Path

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Waiting,
    Thank you for your comment about j2l's wife. I'll watch for you in chat and join. j2bf

• Liberated
    Liberated

Jst2laws: I could have used a brother like you last year, but how
    would I have known you? There may have been those in my own
    congregation feeling as you do, but we would never have felt free
    enough to talk. The few who called me after I stopped going to
    meetings (10/17/00) were wts through and through. I tested the
    water a bit with them then backed away when they spouted the org
    line.

I disassociated last February (announced in March); my reasoning
    may have been faulty but I wanted to set the example for my
    daughters and show them life outside the wts. My younger daughter
    has researched cults on the internet all on her own and told me
    the other day the wts is a cult, it fits the profile of one. My
    older daughter has decided to stop pioneering for a while and go
    to college. I see these as positive steps toward thinking for
    themselves.

All I ever told them was what I told the PO in my DA letter..I no
    longer agree with everything the wts teaches. It doesn't matter
    what it is that I disagree with because there isn't anything one
    can disagree with and still remain a member. The latest on
    disagreement came out in an article this past summer...you are not
    to even harbor thoughts that are in disagreement with the fds.

The scriptural foundation that I want for my daughters is faith
    in Christ Jesus and I taught them that long before we were sucked
    into the wts cult.

I pray you have success in your endeavors.

Libby

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

I pray that you find salvation as my family and I did. Don't be afraid to pray for direction......
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit