Surge in "anointed ones"

by dozy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

The “nightmare scenario” is slowly unravelling for the WTS.

Since 1935 , WTBTS policy was to “shut up the Kingdom of Heaven” by implying that any new anointed was at best misled & at worst a fake. Franz’s “replacement” theory did little to help matters. This suppressed many JWs from becoming anointed.

Recent WT articles & changes in thought has resulted in a surge in Jws claiming this status. I have heard of several cases of new anointed already & no doubt many will make the position evident for the first by partaking at the memorial. I notice that several JWD members have noticed a similar effect.

As often stated , it only takes a tiny percentage of the number of "great crowd" to switch to "anointed" to hugely increase the figure - only 1 in 800 of JW needs to switch to double the current figure.

What will be the effect of a “partakers” figure of well over 10,000 this memorial , potentially doubling to over 20,000 over the rest of the decade? Will the WTBTS stop publishing the figure , as has been widely suggested?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They have set the stage for new light related to this already. At some point it will make sense to quit publishing the number. Especially when the number gets over 144K.

• sir82
    sir82

One has to wonder - are the writers of these articles absolutely brain-dead, or do they have some sort of "ace up their sleeve" for the future?

We can joke about the number exceeding 144,000 - but in about 10-15 years time it could well be there, or approaching it.

Even numbers in the 20-30,000 range would give cause for "stumbling" -- if there are so many now, how could there have been anointed ones "all thru history", not to mention 50,000+ as late as 1935?

Surely, although they are are idiots, they could not be so idiotic as to not anticipate such a surge?

Could they really be so spectacularly stupid? They have exhibited remarkable cunning in the past - which makes me think they have some sort of "contingency plan" if the numbers are way beyond what is expected. Even stopping the publishing of the number isn't enough -- if every congregation begins to report 2 or 3 or 5 partakers, JWs with lots of "connections" to other congregations will realize something is up.

It will be very interesting to see the report in the Feb. 2009 KM.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I too think they will eventually stop publishing the number if it continues to increase. I think the words "genuine anointed" will be printed even more in future articles.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Perhaps a lot of ex JW's need to attend this year and partake? Force their hand?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I read somewhere, probably on this site, that disfellowshipped partakers will not be counted.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I read somewhere, probably on this site, that disfellowshipped partakers will not be counted.

How do they know if you're disfellowshipped? Turn up at a hall you're not known at, partake and clear off as it finishes.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

IMO- If they don't stop publishing the number, it will be because they had a campaign to
    reduce the number of partakers. They will publish articles about "fake" partakers and will
    encourage members to be embarassed by "fake" anointed ones. They will have C.O.'s
    traveling and telling members, "You are not anointed. Stop partaking."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Indeed, the whole doctrine is a mess pure and simple. They were already implying a lot of anointed are either nuts or liars. Now they are in a half-way house of saying it is okay to partake if you are younger, but it still seems seedy somehow. The whole thing is a farse. What troubles me is how little notice of it any Witnesses take that I have mentioned it to. Are no Witnesses out there putting two and two together and seeing it doesn't equal 144,000?

It seems to me that in the long run either they have to make the number symbolic or they're going to need to employ pretty strong-arm tactics and go round and whip the glass out the hands of any naughties thinking of partaking.

The question is, if they make the number symbolic then will they be able to maintain their "class" distinction and hierarchy with the "anointed" governing body at the top? I suppose they'll find a way.

Slim

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Simply not publishing the figure is clearly not a viable way out of this. Rank and file Witnesses would surely notice that was suspect.

Plus on the whole I am one who tends to think that the doctrine formers in the organization do generally believe the stories they spin. So they need to come up with an explanation that satisfies themselves as well as others.

The suggestion that they would just stop publishing the figure, realising it undermines the doctrine but hoping others will not notice, represents far too cynical a view of what motivates the leaders of the religion in my view.

They will need to put their thinking caps on, ask why Jehovah has allowed this strange and unexpected development, and come up with some sort of "plausible" explanation. It ain't going to be easy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit