Why do the majorityof JW's look so happy at the hall?

by JH 43 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Why do the majority of JW's look so happy at the hall?"

Because they're with their fellow dubs, all wrapped up in their warm, fluffy blanket of shared delusions. The few that don't look happy will soon be joining us here.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

they smoke pot in the parking lot.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Frontin'......

• watson
    watson

Smile though your heart is aching;
                                                            Smile even though it's breaking.
                                                            When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by.
                                                            If you smile through your fear and sorrow,
                                                            Smile and maybe tomorrow,
                                                            You'll see the sun come shining through for you.

Light up your face with gladness,
                                                            Hide every trace of sadness.
                                                            Although a tear may be ever so near,
                                                            That's the time you must keep on trying,
                                                            Smile, what's the use of crying?
                                                            You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
                                                            If you just smile.

That's the time you must keep on trying,
                                                            Smile, what's the use of crying?
                                                            You'll find that life is still worthwhile
                                                            If you just smile.
                                                        • Homerovah the Almighty
                                                          Homerovah the Almighty

Possibly because they are constantly being told that everything bad in the world is soon to be over and changed to something better and are religion is the only true religion in the world

most carry a superficially devised glazed brainwashed grin.

• Hope4Others
                                                          Hope4Others

Maybe they have all just returned from the dentist and their lips are froze open!

hope4others

• Jeffro
                                                          Jeffro

When you're not allowed to (or at least supposed to) have non-JW friends, then it's not a surprise that most JWs would be happy when they go to the hall where all their friends are, even if there is the inconvenience of the meeting between chats.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
                                                          Frequent_Fader_Miles
                                                          One elder I knew told the group that if they didn't look happy then we were no displaying Jehovah's holy spirit in our lives.

Exactly!! And, of course you know their solution to discontent and unhappiness in Jehovah's service ... DO MORE!!

How many do you think actually wanted to do more? Solution .... keep up the false smile and feign happiness.

• hotspur
                                                          hotspur

I was told by an elder I should look happy when I go into the Hall. I replied, "Give me something to be happy about. Whenever I come here I have to think about what I say and to whom. I have to be careful over what I do. I have to analyse everything you say and interpret its real meaning. I have to ponder how everything else at home will get done when I'm spending three hours getting and being here".

I guess he was never happy to see me either! WooHoo!

• LouBelle
                                                          LouBelle

sheep are also happy

if you don't have to think about anything = H a p p y time. Thinking requires brain stiumulation, requires effort, too much effort could lead to scowling could lead to headaches....

Share this

Google+
                                                        Pinterest
                                                        Reddit