My neice died this morning

by MsMcDucket 48 Replies latest social family

• parakeet
    parakeet

MsMcDucket, it just never ends for you, does it? My sincerest condolences.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Thanks to everyone for their condolences and well wishes.

Parakeet, it has been a rough two and a half years (well I could go back to my twin daughters getting baptised before I saw "the light" about the organization). Starting with my husband's heart attacks and GI bleeds, to my mother's goiter regrowing and causing anoxic brain injury and eventual death, to my getting ill and not being able to work, and now this. I felt guilty about my mother's death for more than one reason; but the one that really got me is that she died from something that should of killed me. I, almost, had myself convinced that mom made a bargain with "God" so that I could live. She hated seeing me with that trach.

Me neice, actually, great-neice sang at my mother's funeral. This is where she pointed out the lump on her clavicle to my daughter. The lump was golf-balled sized. She said that her doctor said that it was a fatty lipoma. My daughter told her that she should go to another doctor and get a second opinion. Sure enough it was cancer. My neice couldn't even pronounce the word. She said it was "a sarcoma" like my husband had. I think that it was rhabdomyosarcoma. I posted on the board about her going to K.C. just a few months back to see if she would qualify for a clinical trial. The doctor told her that 1 out of 5 people survived the treatment. She decided she didn't like those odds.

I don't think that Mom could of withstood any of her children dying before her. So, I do get some sort of solace out of that thought.

I do have 6 brothers and 6 sisters; so I may have missed covering an incident here and there. Yes, it's one thing after another.

Thanks again to everyone.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

MsMcDucket----Sorry about your Neice.

alt

• JK666
    JK666

MsMcD,

My deepest condolences.

JK

• arwen
    arwen

Sincerely sorry for your loss! Keeping your family and hers in my prayers tonight.

• Tatiana
  • Twitch
  • MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    LaQuasia Coleman
    Coleman, LaQuasia, 22, died March 12, 2008. Services pending with Jackson Mortuary.
    Published in the Wichita Eagle on 3/13/2008.
  • Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

Really the only thing one can say is sorry and to let you know that we're thinking of you in your time of need. I think everyone has lost someone and it gives such comfort knowing that we aren't alone in the grieving period.

hugs to you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit