Courting couples in the JW having sex together before marriage?

by chikikie 36 Replies latest social relationships

• still_in74
    still_in74

many many do. I know I came really close! I know of many that did, especially oral sex. That is why the WTS is always hammering the teeny-boppers with that one!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

oh yes it happens - some of them get the knuckles smacked others get torn apart. Unity in this organisation - my left butt cheek!

• anewme
    anewme

You seem like a good person Chikikie.
    I think you were mistaken to believe that sister who said you would only be attractive to
    an older witness man. Men see a young woman who is caring for her child in a sweet and mature motherly way and they see a good woman!

Not all young men are so shallow and unforgiving.

Take care,

Anewme

• Exterminator
    Exterminator

No sex before the wedding night? I was the only one. Never again.

An exit from the borg and a divorce later, I would run away from any woman for whom sex is anything else than a natural, fun, thing that can be enjoyed as long as there is love, respect and responsibility.

• chikikie
    chikikie

Unfortuately it wasnt just one sister but a few who got together matchmaking, the trouble is, many married sisters feel threatened when there are beautiful unmarried sisters, and i had a few brothers interrested in me, but alas, gossip as you know, in the congregation and a bad reference can stop you from any marriage possibilties. So there solution was to marry me off to an elder. Honestly at the time I felt awful and confused but now when i look back with the eyes of a maturer woman that what they did was wrong and disgusting.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Was honest to the elders, (at this tiem not baptised) and was not reinstated for a year and half

I don't get it. I thought you had to be baptized to be DF (thus reinstated)?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

ML:

I thought you had to be baptized to be DF (thus reinstated)?

In the old days (back in the late 80s), an unbaptized person would be announced as "no longer an approved associate", basically the same as being DF'd. My younger brother was announced that way one cold thanksgiving night (ironic).... I was working a quick build and came back to my home KH to hear the announcement. Now it means nothing. We were upset at the time though... ironic, too, that he didn't do anything to get DF'd for until after they made the announcement...but lies and liars abound, and he wouldn't admit to something he had not (yet) done. Stupid Borg rules.

Postscript to that story: Neither he or my other brother were ever baptized, and now I join them in not bothering with the Borg anymore. I just hope they dont bother me.

Snakes ()

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I know of at least 4 if not more baptised unmarried witnesses who were engaging in premarital sex. These were people in my close circle of friends and I am sure there were plenty more!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

when I was a young thing of 18 or so, the elders' wives got together and found me a mate - an old man about 50 years older than I, about 8 inches shorter, badly scarred from a fire, and who talked about his dead wife all the time. Yuck. And why did the sisters want me to marry him? They told me he had a lot of money and he wouldn't live long! Ummm-hmmm - real spiritual attitude there.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Hypocrisy is alive and well in JW-land. I knew one guy who was dating a regular pioneer. She was supposedly a model youth, one who all young girls should aspire to be like. Well, she had no problem providing him oral pleasures before they got married. In fact, the circuit overseer presided over their wedding. Nothing ever happened to them, at least not publicly. Word is that he eventually told the elders about it (he moved away to a different hall) and they told him that nothing needed to be done about it because enough time had passed, nobody knew about it (yeah right!), and the couple still showed signs of having "Jehovah's spirit." It's completely possible that he didn't tell them the complete truth.

I don't blame them for what they did. In this day and age, it's absurd to expect young people to remain virgins until marriage. What bothers me is the hypocrisy of it all. This guy would constantly criticize his friends who pursued girls who weren't regular pioneers as if there was something wrong with those girls. He was--and still is--very much into status and playing the social hierarchy game within the religion. I pity the poor guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit