Did anyone ever "Really" stumble you ?

by Casper 37 Replies latest jw friends

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Oh m god, I never felt stumbled by anyones- if anything, I liked seeing people do "bad" things like wear jeans and listen to 'regular' music on the radio, skate, wear clothes that are fashionable and attractive instead of clunky and old and stuff (not asking you to look like you were a corner but that you look like a regular person!)

It mae me feel good because I hate having to hear about how others might be stumbled. To me, whenever I saw something 'stumbling' i saw something rather 'human'. I would never forget when I was listening to sme spanish sisters talk about their telenovelas or whatever and some tohers felt uncomfortable and another sister who was latina explained that whatever anyone said, you cannot get latins to stop watching their soaps.

I know, I know, there are countless latin witnesses who did but it was glad to see some that retained what they liked.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

I suppose I was stumbled in regards to how I viewed the 'God appointed elders'

I noticed that most in my congregation weren't that spiritual. For example they preached pioneering, but many didn't like the ministry. They preached about being careful about what we view, yet many watched films/programs that I told my sons they could nt. They preached not to be materialistic, yet the majority were.

They were clumsy with the brothers and sisters and didn't act quickly(incredible procrastination) to protect vulnerable ones.

Yet I have heard of elders who counsel others on silly minor issues..that shouldn't really stumble anyone. I was told by an elderess that I could stumble her student because I rode my bike on the pavement as I left her house ( I rode off the pavement onto the road outside her house)I know of another sister who was told not to powder her nose in the hall as it was stumbllng someone in the meeting.(this sister was suffering from hot flushes so her face was alway shining.This counsel really upset her especially as he did it in the hall.

xxx Strawberry Cake

• Casper
    Casper
    It mae me feel good because I hate having to hear about how others might be stumbled. To me, whenever I saw something 'stumbling' i saw something rather 'human'.

I agree Saywhat29... Concerning the small petty actions that some said they were stumbled over.

When I saw something out of the ordinary... I saw people being "Human"... I certainly didn't get all freaked out over it and run to the Elders concerned about my faith...

jws are so concerned about "gnat" things and overlook the really important things such as not reporting pedophiles, using "fractions" of blood, etc.

So true Blondie...

Cas

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Yep! One than more instance that built up to me disassociating myself. I thank my stumblers! One instance, a brother trying to help me with my twin daughters that were crying for having to sit so long (The baby wasn't quite 2 years old.). ..Picked one up and started trying to calm her down with the gentle cooing and stuff. After awhile, the baby wasn't in my sight anymore. I got up and went to the waiting area and saw him slap her leg! Talk about steam coming out someone's ears! I looked at the Ministerial Servant and said has he been whipping my daughter! The MS said he didn't know??? Anyway, I took my daughter and that was the end of my active witnessing service. I still believed in Jehovah and raised my daughers to believe in Jehovah; but I didn't force them to go to the kingdom hall. Anyway, the twins are witnesses and the other two are not. How strange is that?

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

yeah if youre a 'good jw' ur stumbled!!! m i went on a bethel trip to london and they had a tv so played little mermaid, my gran and others thought it shoyld be turned off coz of tyhat n0o unfornatuinate souils songs by the bloody sea witch n thought we belicved in souls just that they are dead no joke they wqere all offended i wads throwing up as it was fore motion sickness but that made me far worse and i was 10 !!!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

One more thing about that. I told my husband about it and he was livid! He never did get baptised. I don't think he talked to that brother (not even say hello) for a long time. He told me he would of killed that man!

• Casper
    Casper

Wow, MsDucket....

I don't blame you one bit..!! There would have been "Hell" to pay, if I'd seen one of them smacking on my babies... So glad you and your Hubby were united in that situation. I do believe "ALL" my worldly words would have come back to me in a heart beat...!!!!

Both of your daughters are Jws'... odd how things work out........

Cordelia- I am so sorry that happen to you...

Cas

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Wow, MsDucket....

I don't blame you one bit..!! There would have been "Hell" to pay, if I'd seen one of them smacking on my babies... So glad you and your Hubby were united in that situation. I do believe "ALL" my worldly words would have come back to me in a heart beat...!!!!

I just had that krazy look where you think the person is going to go ape nuts on you; and I was hissing! My daughters tell me I don't know how to yell!

• Casper
    Casper

MsDucket

I just had that krazy look where you think the person is going to go ape nuts on you; and I was hissing! My daughters tell me I don't know how to yell!

You Go Girl....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cas

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was never stumbled when I was in the troof because I gave a talk, " There are no such thing as stumbling stones, only stepping stones"

Every time I thought I was going to stumble I thought about that talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit