Did anyone ever "Really" stumble you ?

by Casper 37 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I was never stumbled when I was in the troof because I gave a talk, " There are no such thing as stumbling stones, only stepping stones"

Yes, I "stepped" right on out of there!

• chickpea
    chickpea

i am thinking the closest i came to "being stumbled" was being accused of stumbling others......

we were hosting a small, tasteful and well executed dinner party for "mature" couples.... mostly parents with older or grown kids..... we served wine and beer along with the food ..... a righteous overmuch pioneer took me aside and chastised me for putting such a stumbling before bro so-and -so who was a recovering alcoholic.....

i pretty much looked her in the eye and said........ maybe you can go remind him of the concept of personal accountability......... crikey, it wasnt like the kitchen tap was running vodka.....

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Personally I never got stumbled by any of that kinda stuff - I always thought that if people could be stumbled it was their weakness in faith and that wasn't my problem it was theirs.

However I seemed to have caused a lot of brother/sisters to stumble even for my loud laughter ??

• Casper
    Casper
    maybe you can go remind him of the concept of personal accountability......... crikey, it wasnt like the kitchen tap was running vodka.....

Chickpea... that is so true... love the second part of that sentence...

I always thought that if people could be stumbled it was their weakness in faith and that wasn't my problem it was theirs.

LouBelle... I always felt that also, why was it considered "MY" fault if others had such weak faith. Shouldn't the Elders be talking to them..? I mean, I can see to a point, if I, or any of us, were doing something totally off the wall, but come on..."Loud Laughter...?" Picky, Picky..!!

Cas

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I wasn't raised as a Jehovah's Witness. I was raised in one of those holy roller churches. When I saw how the Witnesses acted, I saw that they didn't act any different from the people in my other religion. I knew then that going to "church" wasn't right for me and I just couldn't handle the concept of going to the Kingdom Hall for "good fellowship". There was no "good fellowship" for me; so it couldn't build me up spiritually. People are people wherever you go.

I think I pretty much left the WTS about 2 years after I was baptised.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Casper: Loud laughter because I was drawing attention to myelf, or the brothers would think I had to be drunk in order to have such a love for life. Let me not even get started on how many times my hair stumbled brothers and sisters.

• Casper
    Casper

LouBelle,

I can see that happening, it's a shame how hard they tried to keep us from just being ourselves, pounding us down until we didn't have any personality left at all... (tried to anyway...lol).

I like you, have always enjoyed your posts. I sincerely hope they didn't take away your "Zest" for life.

So glad you are free to be "You".

Cas

• Free
    Free

Like when a young elders wife put her hand on my leg for way to long while we were alone before the meeting. I was always early.

Should of taken her out in the parking lot right then, she ended up being Dfed. Guess what for ?

No, not stumbled but couldn't stand up for a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit