Did anyone ever "Really" stumble you ?

by Casper 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Casper
    Casper
    I always thought the whole concept was pretty silly. If this is 'The Truth', how can it be so easy for anyone to fall away, whether it be someone else's actions, the internet, or whatever?

I agree Robert7... if their faith is so shallow... it wasn't much to begin with. I certainly never felt the need to give up my "then" faith over a pair of shoes someone may have worn. Just so picky.

Also agree with others, looking back, it was "Control" to the max. I was just too blind to see, and these little things built into major resentment towards them on my part.

Nomoreguilt, .... He hummed the "National Anthem".... that is unreal...lol

Voideater, My Point exactly. Couldn't agree more.

Cas

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

yea..I was stumbled now and then...usually because someone tried to browbeat me into place over something you were citing.

If I want to wear this or that... or put a sticker on my car or whatever... I took offense that any grown up person on this planet could find some insult or bad motive in some of the most normal things a human could do.

Like ...hold a girls hand... sit next to a girl you liked... go to a ball game... get fired up when your school went to state...need I go on.

Stupid (JW' ism) stumbled me. I used to get in trouble as I would ask what *my* rights were in the orginazation.

~Hill

• flipper
    flipper

CASPER- Great thread by you ! Good job ! Anyway, do you notice a common denominator in some of the posters discussions of being stumbled ? Many times an elder is involved either " controlling " what someone's views should be on a given situation , or in No More Guilt's experience outright offending him by their own hypocritical conduct ! To me therein lies the problem ; elders always expected more out of the rank and file publishers - than they expected or demanded of themselves .

So, in answer to your question , yes I was stumbled severely by elders , rarely by rank and file members . These " alledged " crags in waterless countries ( the elders ) I often found had their own agendas if they did not like you and were more than glad to shoot personal opinions off their tongue ; instead of giving you " scriptural " Bible based counsel or even the governing bodies counsel for that matter.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when 5 years ago they told me to take back my methamphetamine drug abusing wife because she wanted to be with me ; at the expense of my teenage children's safety and welfare. She was dangerous, violent, and mentally, verbally , and emotionally abusive to the children and myself. The elders told me I should visit my kids separately away from my wife , instead of having them visit my home where my wife would be . Yeah, sane advice- let's cater to the drug addict, not the kids, right ? Now I have come to understand why so many witness kids get molested. With elders shepherding the flock with such a dizzying intellect , and giving such " sage " advice , it's truly amazing to me how that organization keeps running at all. End of my rant. Don't get me started, I'll keep you here all day ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Ft Lauderdale Assembly Hall....... I worked on the electrical system of that palace for over a year... 20 + hours every weekend.

I was working on some stuff way up in the AC penthouses...rooftop. It was at least 150 F up there ... I am shirtless and alone..except for a few guys who were in and out hanging doors or whatever.

Sunday ...after I was nearly done with the work... Bro Numbnuts comes up and tells me to shirt up... I could stumble a sister...

Needless to say we had words... on that Hall job I found out "words" are had often. Funny thing is, if they need you bad enough, they will back off.

~Hill

• blondie
    blondie

jws are so concerned about "gnat" things and overlook the really important things such as not reporting pedophiles, using "fractions" of blood, etc.

(Matthew 23:23-24) 23 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but YOU have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was binding to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Ask your self this:

If you were appointed overseer of a congregation (male or female for the sake of empathising with the role) - could you honestly follow your intuition and heart as to what compassion dictates you should do?

The fact is it is an organisation bringing people to their knees by beurocratic godspeak!

Garbage dressed as divinity!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I was never stumbled. A little it GAGGED by the hypocrisiy of those in power but not stumbled

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Nah.

• Casper
    Casper

Thank You, Mr. Flipper... you are always such an encouragement.

I can totally see how the "Bigger Issues" ...can, and rightly do, stumble people. I am glad you stuck to your guns and did things the way you saw fit to do...

I guess, I was mainly referring to the small petty things that happen. I am beginning to believe the Elders were just throwing the word "stumbled" around as a scare tactic...or at least, trying to instill guilt on my part ...for thinking on my own.

Great replies, everyone........So good to see I wasn't the only one experiencing such nonsense..

Cas

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I propose that anyone feeling gagged and not feeling utterly betrayed by that fact never ever believed it to be the truth in the heart!

You know, those of you whose family have been completely torrn by such dictat and communication abstinence, that they propose it in the name of their almighty and universal godhead!

If you never had that sense in your hearts then of course you never would feel stumbled anyhow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit