Stuck in the "Truth"

by IMustBreakAway 41 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74
    It would be interesting even just to do a google map.. With way points on the city where people are..

Already done...

http://www.frappr.com/xjws

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Thanks for the map. Very interesting looking for people I might have known. And thanks for the workds of encouragement pickled. Though being honest with myself I should take some blame. I knew in my heart when i was baptized that i didn't really believe it. I knew when I got married that I didn't really believe it, and i knew everytime someone asked and I answered "YeS!" that i didn't really believe it. So some of the blame does come back to me. Though your right I shouldn't add guilt to a stack of feelings that is already depressing me. It is just so stupid. "No one truely believes in God until they have the freedom not to believe.." (Someone smarter than myself said that.)

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hey IMBA,

I am kind of in your boat too. I am stuck in, but while I am stuck I have taken up the cause of freeing as many innocent minds as I can from the tryanny of the WT society.

I have been able to connect with several people from JWD who are still "in". Some of these ones are going through the motions to please someone else, some are actively working on a "schindler's list" of sorts like myself, and then there are many here who are in the process of fading (some go to the occassional meeting, others very rarely if ever go). They are all really good people. You will get to know who they are, if you frequent the board semi regularly.

That will give you a few people to connect with.

Peace to you!

The Oracle

• jgnat
    jgnat

Don't forget the "Unbelieving Mates". We're out here too. Just a word of caution. The larger your group, the higher the chance you could be infiltrated.

I suggest setting up a private group in Yahoo (screamingly easy to do) and invite a half dozen to a dozen guests, no more, for mutual support. That way you get private support from each other while reducing your risk. The French resistance worked in cells very much the same way. One group did not know about the other, so therefore they could not put the others at risk.

Oh yes, don't share your password with your spouse or family, and clear out your cookies when you sign off the internet. That goes without saying.

• V
    V

Same here...

Wouldn't be wickedy weird if Oracle and I went to the same hall? Stuff like that must be happening. With the exposure of Watchtower Comments, the irony is someone may show me my own videos and to convince me out of the religion!

Good luck IMBA, I know who you are, if not personally, then by the uncounted JWs who are saying the same thing.

Red ties at the next convention?

• jgnat
    jgnat

And for the ladies - red hats. http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/warning/

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

haha ... i like that red tie and hat idea

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

When I feel frustrated about my fam or frenz that grapple with the JW life,
    I find it helps to remember that I gave myself permission to leave at my own pace and
    I to allow the same free will to my frenz and fam.

• Robert7
    Robert7
    Red ties at the next convention?

LOL!! My wife and I just yesterday were joking about this. What if we all wear red ties next Sunday, and what if amazingly ALL brothers had red ties!!

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

If I had money... I would buy an old factory in every major city in the US and convert it to loft space for young people trying to escape the religous clutches of their parents.. (mormons and amish also). I mean face it your 18 with little education and little prospects it is hard to get out. I think esp for the girls. Thanks for the words of advice. Wouldn't it be funny if WTBS found and erased all of us at once and it turned out that most JW's were faking for the sake of their freinds and family? Suddenly US participation dropped to null. Thats what I want to find, there are a few in my family that could be faking and I just don't know them well enough to tell. It would be a relife to set up a group and find that my father was only faking for the sake of his kids, and that us kids are only faking for his sake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit