Is anyone else hoping for the Society to "crack down" on the friends?

by Olin Moyles Ghost 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I have heard that any crackdown that leads to people fleeing will be the big cleaning of the house.....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is one of those "Either way, something good and something bad happens" type of
    situations. It's tough to hope for something because of the good, knowing the bad will
    follow.

A soldier who loves his weapon and loves doing his job- he hates the peace and is ready to
    go to war, but he doesn't wish innocent people to be killed.

A firefighter is trained and ready to fight a fire. He wants to put that training to good use in
    a burning building, but he doesn't wish anyone such a misfortune upon their life and property.

Us apostates want the organization to crash and burn, but we don't wish ill upon the members.

So I say, "If the soldier can stick to his military targets, great."
    "If the occupants get out of the heavily insured house, everyone comes out a winner after the
    firefighters do their job."
    "If cracking down gets a ton of people to open their eyes and nobody dies as a result of the
    extreme actions of the few, great. But keep plenty of counselors around for the fallout."

I think that many actions of the former witnesses cause the cracking down, so I guess I am
    for it.

• flipper
    flipper

OLIN MOYLES GHOST - I agree with you. I had more than one run-in with people in " power " positions in the organization ! AKA Elders ! I hate the abuse of power and I'm the type that will call anybody on the carpet for the abuse of it. I'm no respecter of the abuser. It would be Ted frigging Jaracz and I'd get in his face ! But as some have said, if they start cracking down on the rank and file members - perhaps they will get frustrated enough by the ill treatment and start a revolt against the Watchtower society. One can only hope

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yeah....it would certainly nail things down a lot faster when the dutiful dubs check out what the "evil old apostates" are saying about how restrictive the WTS is....and then reflect on whatever "new understandings" are being issued from Brooklyn headquarters.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know that the harder they crack down, the better fully integrated honesty is going to look to those who are either already in, or that are thinking of joining, versus the mere [out of context] "truth(??)".

• Mary
    Mary
    Until one suffers the injustice personally from elders or other twisted rules by the organization - they usually stay trapped in the " mind control". It has to hit home to them in a real negative way.

Very true. I often wonder how my Dub mom and sister would have reacted, had my dad died last Fall due to the 'no blood' doctrine. I asked my sister at the time 'how would you feel if dad died and then they go and make blood transfusions a "conscious matter" in 3 or 4 years?" She didn't know what to say.

The religion gets whackier each year. Instead of lightening up on the rank and file, they seem to be going mental trying to contain damage control both in the media and from those within who can see that 'something's not right'. I figure half the crap they teach now won't even be around in another 10 - 15 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit