Is anyone else hoping for the Society to "crack down" on the friends?

by Olin Moyles Ghost 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

There have been a few threads speculating about possible future actions by the Society, triggered in part by the "Valueless Things" article and Losch's alleged new light re: Bablylon the Great.

Personally, I hope they do something crazy and make up some new unscriptural doctrines and/or rules. This may help some of my family members to "see the light," so to speak.

Of course, it would be unfortunate for those staying in, but at the end of the day, that's their choice.

Anyone else looking for a "crackdown" as a vehicle for escaping the org.?

• Casper
    Casper

Mr. Ghost.... I sooooooooooooooooooo - ENVY- your avatar...

I agree, as the society gets crazier and crazier, it may cause some to just call it quits. I have no family in the organization, but I do feel for those that do. One can only hope.

Cas

• flipper
    flipper

OLIN MOYLES GHOST- When the crackdowns and rules start actually hurting people in a personal way- that is when some of them might start turning away from the witness " cult ". Until one suffers the injustice personally from elders or other twisted rules by the organization - they usually stay trapped in the " mind control". It has to hit home to them in a real negative way. It's what I have noticed

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hi Mr Flipper -- I agree 100% with what you said. I can talk til I'm blue in the face to our JW relative, but I think until something "personal" happens to him, he'll keep buying the lie. So sad!

Lavendar

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Mr. Flipper,

Good observation. It’s interesting how individual Witnesses deal with adversity from within the organization. As you know, we're taught to view such situations as tests of our loyalty.

In my personal experience, there have been two instances over the past decade that were clear, open-and-shut cases of arbitrary, unchristian power plays by men in power in the organization. Either one of these instances should have been enough to open my eyes. Unfortunately, neither did. Looking back, though, each of these events probably did change my perspective to some extent.

I guess, for some of us, it takes several "knocks on the head" before we get the point. Perhaps future acts by the Society will have such an effect on some of the ones I love.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

dude giving the public talk today said "the society is not beating around the bush anymore, there are no conscience decisions involved any longer" plus add in next weeks WT and it looks like to be a witness you must be 100% compliant and obedient to the GB. its amazing what is happening, imo. i just dont ever remember it being this blatant and this bad. my wife who is not even thinking about this stuff cringed at the meeting today several times. she is cool, so i am very lucky.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Casper,

Thanks for the compliment re: my avatar...I wasn't trying to rip you off, I promise!

yourmomma,

Your post reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend a few months ago. He mentioned that he had noticed the WT study articles becoming more "straightforward" lately. I had not noticed any particular trend at that time...perhaps I just wasn't paying sufficient attention. Anyway, my friend thought it was good that the Society was being more straightforward, and he anticipated that the JW-only WTs would continue that trend. So far, it appears that he may be correct.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Hey O.M.'s Ghost what is Losch's new light about Babylon the Great?

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

To Jimmy,

This may be what they were talking about

"1. Leaving babylon the great no longer fleeing from false to true religion, now it is fleeing from material things and possibly geographical."

Thread here:

Losch reveals newer new light at Australia Zone Visit

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope they try a total ban on entertainment and relaxation, upon which all the young people just walk out of the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit