Anybody Here Into the Poetess/Punk-Rocker Patti Smith?

by Rapunzel 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Two of my favorite songs by her are "Horses" and "Rock N' Roll N*****." What do you think of Patti Smith? One singer whom she definitely does NOT get along with is Ted Nugent. I guess that their respective political stances are too much opposed. I believe the "Nuge" is too far to the right for Smith's tastes.

• oompa
    oompa

I used to like some of her stuff, but not those hairy armpits.....................oompa

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Isn't she an ex-JW?

• VM44
    VM44

I think people sometimes get her name mixed up with that of Patty Smyth of the 1980's group Scandal.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Hi Rapunzel, very fond of Patti Smith although really only paid attention to her later in life. Rock N Roll Nig is brilliant as is most of the Easter album.

Yes, she was brought up by a JW mother.

Oompa, Robert Mapplethorpe really knew how to photograph a woman!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Horses is a classic. She definitely laid the ground work for other artists. On another note, SNL did a great parody with "Candy Slice"/

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

She popped up on my radar when I saw her do "Gloria" on (I think it was) SNL years ago. That chick has got "Attitude" by the cartload. She can keep the hairy armpists . . just keep writing great songs. I find smart/talented/intellectual women extremely sexual, at that point looks don't mean alot . .LOL!

NPR aired an extended interview with her when she was inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame. She speaks of her JW childhood.

My Favorite quote:

Terri Gross: What's the nature of your faith now? Are you in an organized religion?

PS: Oh no. No. [Laughs.] Not at all. I just, I say my prayers and, and, continue, my studies but I basically, for me I don't really prescribe or need a religion. I what's important to me is my communication with what I perceive to be god

"http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7798711

Enjoy!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Wow!

What a nice thread.

Yeah, I had heard some on-line rumours about Patti Smith (Patti Smith Group).

Loved the album: EASTER

"Because The Night" - is a classic.

She took awhile to grow on me, but when she did: I was all HERS!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I am a big fan of Blue Oyster Cult. She was Allen Lanier's long time girl friend.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Not into drug induced music, hence not into Patty Smith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit