Anybody Here Into the Poetess/Punk-Rocker Patti Smith?

by Rapunzel 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg
    Not into drug induced music

homerovah. . .would you care to provide some evidence that Patti Smiths music is drug induced? Name a few artists that have never done herb or chemicals.

You come off just as judgemental and narrow minded as your old testament namesake.

BTW . . it's Patti . . not ~Patty~

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Patti has been well documented as been a heavy drug user ie. heroin

Most of her most popular music was written during those apparent times

What you didn't know that ?

No intension of being narrow minded or either judgmental just stating facts as they are.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Great music still stands as great music should it be drug induced or otherwise.

W A Mozart, Paganini and many other classical musicians used drugs.

I would suggest that a composer is most creative when not drug impaired. His personal habits will not preclude me from enjoying his art

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

So . . . . homer, care to name some of your favorite artists?

I saw Stevie Ray when he was coked out of his mind . . . he still played great music though.

I saw Clapton finish a show on his back, too drunk to stand . . he still played great music though.

I watched Steppenwulf doing lines off the tops of their amps during a show . . still played great music though.

I watched Lynrd Skynrd play a show bombed out of their heads, smoking weed on stage . . still played great music though.

WTF is your point?

Creative genius many times brings addictive personalities along with it.

I stand by my statement about judgemental and narrow minded.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Being a person who was involved with the rock industry for a few years I saw many performers just like Patti go into a mode of self destruction with

the use of drugs all in premise of expand their creativity as an artist, maybe its because of that I voice my opinion on performers that have been known to be heavy

drug users.

Should my words be discouraging in context ...... I hope so, but thats a topic for an other thread

• JK666
    JK666

I really liked Horses, a great album. A great rock voice too.

JK

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

lol, the ads that pop-up here crack me up sometimes:

Somebody went to the trouble of creating Ted Nugent ringtones? And there's enough demand for said ringtones that it's worth paying Google $x to advertise them? LOLOL

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Because The Night" - is a classic.

indeed it is....because it was written by the boss

and then ripped off by both belinda carlisle..heaven is a place on earth...

and bon jovi...livin on a prayer

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

I don't know about anybody else, but that Google ad has given me the sudden urge to buy a "Snakeskin Cowboys" ringtone right away. Just imagine how much that would really rock to have such a ringtone!!! "Snakeskin cowboys, who the hell you are?..."

• oompa
    oompa

I feel sooo old now..........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit