Would you like to live on Gilligan's Island?

by Mindchild 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

May I have the opportunity of sharing the permaculture aspects of the site, maintaining a healthy ecological balance between nature and wo/man? Give a hand with putting up tipee's, mongolian yurts or benders? Contribute towards making 'willow' bogs etc and look after recycling and sanitation, grey rainwater catchments etc plus recycling our energy requirements / consumption?

I'm taking Mommiedark and her partner, megadude, ashtika, peacelove&harmony, venice for spflufflemunchies and balmypotty stuff, julie, prisca, oldhippie and not a few others.

Funding? Surprising what you can get funding for these days if you word the applications right and follow through on the motive and intention.

My rucksacks packed, can I bring my couldron too?

peace

celtic

• teejay
    teejay

If I told you that I knew of such a place...would you go? And who do you want to be on the cast?

Oh, I PLAN to go. It's a done deal.

I know just the place. A hop, skip, and a jump outside of the U.S. -- close enough to hop a plane and be back in the States if I miss 'home cooking.' What's best about the place are the humble and excruciatingly warm people. When I was first there, I knew I'd found my retirement community. Cheap, too. With what I have saved, I'll live like a king. They love America/ns, too.

The cast? Uh... we'll just have to wait and see, cause I ain't telling right now.

• TR
    TR

Awww, shucks! I need more room to play paintball and ride off road motorcycles.

Is there about a 1000 acre island for sale?

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey teejay,don`t worry about the food I`ll show you what real "French Cuisine" is..TR..the place is big enough for a few dirt bikes(I`m just learning)but the deal is Mary Ann better show up!

• evilchicken
    evilchicken

not fare! I am a chicken. All the castaways would want to have me for dinner. Hey wait a minute. I will drug your pineapple juice. You will become my slaves-a coconut eating cult. And you worship me!
    When I awaken from this dream I realise I am spinning round and round, under me are some hot coals. And look !every one is well dressed for dinner.
    Too bad I didnt lay golden eggs...:)

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Dear Evil Chicken,

Fear not thy foul ex-dub, you will not end up in a cooking pot. We need the eggs.

TR, you can ride my jet ski all day.

Outlaw we need to recruit more MaryAnne's.

So, the rest of you guys wanna come visit Apostate Island?

Skipper

All great deeds and all great thoughts have ridiculous beginnings--Albert Camus

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Mindchild,

Because of you, I have been plagued with the indescribably horrible theme song of Gilligan's Island for like the past three hours.

You are just trying to make a parodic incidence possibility more absurdly unobtainable here anyway.

Keep on dreaming.........

no phone! no lights! no motor cars. Not a single luxury....

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Sorry, I already own it and am typing this by the lagoon right now.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Laura Lisa...oh my, you got it bad darling. To help you out of your difficult situation you need to sit back and enjoy this Gilligan's Island theme song:

.. http://www.gilligansisle.com/theme.html

Oh, and you mentioned, "You are just trying to make a parodic incidence possibility more absurdly unobtainable here anyway."

Little do you know how badly I want to go! I've seriously thought about it and if I found enough other crazy people to join me...then I would change my name from the Skipper to the Professor and my life would probably be a whole lot happier.

I can live on coconut cream pie a long long time.

Skipper

All great deeds and all great thoughts have ridiculous beginnings--Albert Camus

• mommy
    mommy

MMMM It sounds delicious! You know $200,000 isn't that bad to own an island! How about we rent one?
    This one is $400 a day with a max of 8 people . http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/rent_islands/sites/reg5_guana.html

But, this one is only $850 a day/per cottage/couple with a max of 30 people on the island . http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/rent_islands/sites/reg5_guana.html

With or without you, I am starting to save my pennies! Thanks Mindchild
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit