Would you like to live on Gilligan's Island?

by Mindchild 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Well, this may be a bit of a strange post, so brace yourself. LOL!

Do you think you would enjoy living on a modern day version of Gilligan's Island with a few good friends? What if you could have a first world lifestyle that would let you have all the toys but without all the problems associated with living in a metro area? For employment, you could have an Internet based occupation (there are several other careers possible in remote locations as well) or you could be retired. You could stay in contact with your family and outside friends through satellite phones; watch anything you wanted on satellite TV, and not worry about terrorists.

If I told you that I knew of such a place…would you go? And who do you want to be on the cast?

Skipper

All great deeds and all great thoughts have ridiculous beginnings--Albert Camus

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Do I have to wear gold lame'????

Ven

"WE will make NO distinction between those who commit the act of Pedophilia and those who harbor them!!!"

• Introspection
    Introspection

For some reason, I thought of Fred Hall when I was thinking of Gilligan..

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

I wanna be the professor.He gets ginger (or does he get maryanne?)
    Maybe both.
    Actually this brings back a memory,I was doin a course in english lit once and we had to do a class group project "What would we all do if we were stranded on a desert island"?
    I told the class first thing I would do would be exterminate all the other men keep all the women alive.When I told them why all the women in the class fell out with me. ...
    Well, I woulda!!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

edward, you're a very disturbed little boy.

"if paradise is in the mind, i'm already there" (nobody .. i just made it up)

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Venice...you don't have to wear anything at all but then we may not be able to restrain Edward then :)

All great deeds and all great thoughts have ridiculous beginnings--Albert Camus

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

yeah uncle bruce.
    at least these days I only think it, I dont act.
    Actually, maybe Ive read too much history and know that what
    I said is exactly what would HAPPEN.
    Lots of evidence for this, just one, the mutiny on the bounty.
    When they caught up with them 12 years later there was only 1 man,
    8 women and about 20 kids.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I'm packing my bags! Where are we going?

Ranchette

• ISP
    ISP

Sounds good to me! Is there also an inland beach and a field of dope?

I bet you still get JWs calling from time to time!

ISP

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Where's the island.. I'm on it now :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit