Latest Watchtower Magazine Increases Odds of Surviving Armageddon!

by TooBad TooSad 73 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• logic
    logic

I haven't read the article yet, but the sentence you quoted does not mention love of the organization. It must have been mistakenly left out.

If people are not to be judged untill the 1000 years after armageddon, then how are any wicked to be destroyed at armageddon. The problem with the society is that they have got their chronology of the end events are screwed up. They realized that with the article about the fact that we are not bringing in the sheep at this time. When they said that, then they started causing their selves more problems. The more they write the worse their problems get. They would be better off if they would just shut up.

Of course they don't care because they know most jws don't read their crap anyway or don't care either.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

I also see it as doublespeak.The average JW will most certainly read between the lines as to what it 'really' means, that those who were Witnesses or repeatedly called on, or studied, or had some contact "with the truth",etc. will be viewed as "incorrigible" or beyond reform.I personally don't think anything has changed here.Perhaps some guy in the writing department had a tinge of conscience just slipped the word in and nobody caught it.

However,one thing adding the word"incorrigible" does accomplish is a sense of passage of time.Because sufficient time has to pass in order to determine if someone is "incorrigibly wicked". This then extends the idea that this 'system of things' could go on a LOT longer than expected and hence some time (read decades) would ultimately be needed in order to determine whether or not someone is "incorrigibly wicked".This would tie in with the generation change as well.

I also want to echo what others have mentioned and it's this line right here: .."Lovers of Jehovah need have no fear"...

It's quite common , especially for older ones, to speak of a "worldy" person as "they don't love Jehovah".In fact, I have even heard of some Witness children using the term.It's always used in the sense of them having a questionable (unlikely) outcome at the end of the system of things.I have no doubt that the Society is scrambling though, trying to figure out how they can stop so many from leaving while attracting new members.

It should also be noted that a person who is disfellowshipped is viewed as WICKED.The determination always is "weak or wicked" ? The wicked are disfellowshipped.Once again, this helps us to see how they view things.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    *** w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the “great crowd,” as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hot damn! Does that mean that I'm "incorrigibly wicked" because I left the JW religion???

• Dead Man Joaquin
    Dead Man Joaquin

The "public" edition was designed explicitly to disseminate such intentionally misleading (dis)info. Isn't it obvious?

• Jringe01
    Jringe01
    If people are not to be judged untill the 1000 years after armageddon, then how are any wicked to be destroyed at armageddon.

I believe their answer would be that it's the survivors and the people brought back from the dead that will be judged at the end of the 1000 years while the people who die at Armageddon, since God has "killed them" that means they have already received his judgement.

That really isn't fair though because in this world of hundreds of competing faiths and given how the world has changed so dramatically then each person on earth doesn't have a genuine opportunity to make a truely informed decision

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

It's easy to understand those who are not Jehovahs Witnesses are incorrigibly wicked ,end of.

• V
    V

This is Good Cop (Public Edition), Bad Cap (Study Edition) tactics.

God's battle is directed solely against those humans whom God judges to be incorrigibly wicked.

Compare to the January 15, 2008 Study Edition for JWs only:

Those who remain in Babylon the Great and who continue to reject Bible standards will not be spared through "the great tribulation." -page 5, pg 7

See more about this here: Watchtower Comments Study Feb 11 Video

• sacolton
    sacolton
    Here is what it says "Lovers of Jehovah God and his Son, Jesus Christ, need not fear

Armageddon. God's battle is directed solely against those humans whom God judges to be incorrigibly wicked."

Guys, look at the date this is released ...

APRIL FOOLS!!!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

this is double speak to attract the average householder.

it is nothing new, and it is just washing down things.

the same tactics are used in the field ministry. example: never make comments on personal idols in home. never tell the householder that they are wrong.... etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit