Demonized? Evil? Mentally Ill?

by teenyuck 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• avengers
    avengers

I'd like to see that e-mail. If that's ok with you. Why don't you put it on a site somewhere, so that everybody can read it? Put the name of the person who wrote it on top. It.'s an idea!

• avengers
    avengers

Hey outthere!! If you want to see demons and angels and if you're lucky you might even see GOD......., I would suggest Lysergic Acid.

That cures it .GARANTEED!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Thomas, I think you are WRONG!!

...of the person or Christian
    Hey, I would never suggest even the most ignorant and offensive Christian was NOT a person.

Christians are people too! How dare you imply otherwise!

Other than taking the Micky of our own Witchfinder General (thank god in whatever form you know him TP was not around in the Middle Ages; every old widow with a cat for miles around his house would be TOAST), I do have a serious point.

I worked for an element of the British Civil Service, in a department that manages the Crown Estate. We got weird-ass letter all the time. One woman used to write, in green biro, on sheet after sheet of hard-glossy type toilet paper, joined by a string through a hole in the corner. Thirty pages was average. They arrived weekly. It was gibberish, but nasty to read - disturbing. I was a Dub at the time, and it made me feel uneasy as it was 'obviously' demonic.

Now I'm not a Dub, I can see whoever sent those mails was just a nut-job, and whoever sent you that mail is just a nut-job. The only demons that exist are the ones we create in our minds.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

WHile I do believe in true evil, demons, and possesion, I'd initially say this sounds like someone who is mentally disturbed. For those wishing to read about possesion, pick up the book "Possessed" can't remember the author off the top of my head. It's a well done piece on the possession and exorcism of "Robbie" in St Louis, MO. It is the story upon which the movie "The Exorcist" is based. In many ways the book is scarier than what hollywood dreamed up.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit