Demonized? Evil? Mentally Ill?

by teenyuck 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Recently I received an e-mail from someone very close to me. The e-mail was so vile, I stopped reading and called a good friend who is a JW. The JW knows the writer very well. I needed to get an opinion on what this person wrote. The e-mail made accusations that would make Hitler blush. The person writing the e-mail seems to be projecting all the negativity in their own life back on to me. The JW, after hearing about 1/2 of the 26 page diatribe, said the person is demonized and perhaps mentally ill. However, the JW strongly believes the writer is demonized and is going to pray that Jehovah release Satan from the person's soul. I offered to forward the e-mail to the JW; the JW is terrified that Satan will be allowed into the home if I forward it. I do not believe that.

My question, what is your opinion on evil vs. demonized vs. mentally ill? I believe the person is mentally ill with a touch of evil thrown in. I am curious what other ex-JW's think.

This is very serious and I am heart sick about this e-mail.

I would appreciate your thoughts and comments.

puffs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Puffsrule,

I'm an atheist. I believe that there is no "spirit realm" populated with any kind of invisible creatures. There are no gods or demons. Since there are no demons, there is no creature "attached" to the email that threatens you in any way. The only invisible component of the email is the emotional component, and that comes from your own interpretation of what is written.

Whatever you 'friend" wrote in that overly long letter is a product of their own mind. Maybe they are mad at you, maybe they are mentally ill.

I'm not 'terrified' of demons. My mailbox is open, if you want to send me a copy of the email. If I start hopping around, then jump into the air and explode, you'll read about it in the newspaper. if you want to "anonymize" the letter by replacing names with Xs, that's OK.

- - Nathan Natas, demon killer & iconoclast - -

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

was the person who sent the e-mail a witness?
    Wouldnt surprise me if he (she) was, lot of deranged ex witnesses out there buddy. How many Im not sure.
    Gotta start a string survey on that one before Im finished.
    Must tell you ,though out of the org 20 years, I still havent worked out the demonization thing.
    Dont know whether they exist or not.
    Appears its one of those things that, unfortunately,if you're not going to accept a church line on it, you'll have to decide for yourself.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I'm with Nathan on this.

This person is mentaly and emotionally unstable.They need therapy and medication.
    If you were close to this person in the past you already know if they are evil or not.
    But mental illness can make a person say and do evil things to themselves or others.

Keep the letter just in case you need it as evidence at some point.
    If you know any family related to this person I would consider sending a copy to them and ask them to get this person some help.
    It's not demons so you don't have to be afraid of the letter.

Ranchette

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Puff,

I'm so glad that you posted this thread.

I can help you. I can explain the Biblical perspective in dealing with demons today. If that person needs help and would also like to email me, I would be glad to help in any way I can.

Books by Neil Anderson and Mark Bubeck, and so forth help with this type of thing.

Email me at

[email protected]

In Christ

Your servent, Thomas Poole

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Mr. Poole,

Send me some demons. I'm a few shy for my Hell Hockey team.

Parasitic metaphysicians play on peoples' imaginations to create a power base for themselves. They are serpents of superstition in the garden of intellect; liars and hypocrites festooned with meaningless symbols and chants and spooky robes. In truth, evil has the face of a man.

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I am with Nathan on this as well. It is interesting to note that those of us who don't believe in demons are never troubled by them. Sure, there are things that one cannot see but still exist. A virus or bacterial infection will still affect and sicken those who perhaps don't believe in viruses. Such is not the case with demons.

Now if I could only get those damn Leprechauns out of my garden.

cd

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Puff, this is partial information tht I provided on a previous thread that I introduced.

Puff when in sincerity you post your type of thread on this forum, you can expect a lot of garbage that you have to overlook. Meantime I can help you. In Love Thomas Poole

a little more, as follows:

...You should read a book my Mark Bubeck--Overcoming the Adversary or
    Dr. Neil Anderson--Released From Bondage--Obsessive Thoughts, Compulsive Behaviors,....Demonic Strongholds.

In sincerity, I provide this because soooo many people are ignorant about the demons and how they influence us individually, our families, and our congregations. The idea that a Christian has power over them is completely foreign to them.

The trouble is so few people know about helping others that have demons. Any Christian in good standing can do it. We should all know how to do this. In should be a common occurrence in Christianity, as it was in Jesus's day. It's called spiritual warfare.

Read Luke 10:19--"I have been given authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions (Satan’s demons in type), and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt me.

This is not old fashion stuff. We still have this reality today.
    Also, when you play Halloween, you're asking for it just as with a weejee board, if the demons decide to pay attention to you.

Here are some ways you can get a demon. Noteworthy is that demons can claim ground upon or within a person by the person’s sins, their inherited ancestral tie sins, any curses said upon them or their ancestors.

Usually, at the start, the names of demons are often the same as the symptoms a person is displaying, such as their some attitude, physical behavior, and so forth. For examples, worry, hatred, pain, headache, seizures, argumentativeness, hostility, arrogance, tiredness, confusion, dizzy spells, weariness, mental distortion, nausea, compulsive behavior, anger, reviling, promiscuity, and so forth. So, these can be normal; however, if you cannot control these, then is time to suspect a possible stronghold upon. You ever tried to get rid of a bad thought or mental dream, and it just kept coming back? When these things are carried to the extreme, you might suspect something.

In Christ, as the Father would have it.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

TP you said when in sincerity you post your type of thread on this forum, you can expect a lot of garbage that you have to overlook

We have all sincerely answered this persons questions I see no garbage here except for the fact that you love being superstitious and jumping to the demons conclusion instead of being calm and looking into mental and physical causes first.

There nothing wrong with you offering your so called demon knowledge to this person but your rudeness when referring to the rest of us is inexcusable!!

Puffs,
    If you will click on the paper icon in Thomas Pools profile you will see threads started by him and see he has quite an obsession with demons.

I don't expect everyone to agree that demons don't exist but I believe these other causes should be explored first.

Ranchette

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Perhaps the honorable Mr. Poole can provide some case histories and objective proof of his imaginary adversaries.

We can sit around the campfire - I'll bring s'mores and hot chocolate - and the reverend Mr. Poole can tell us his spooky stories. In doing so we'll be able to celebrate our link to the past, when man's grasp of the working of the universe was embryonic and imagination filled the gaps in evolving knowledge. To bad our aboriginal ancestors didn't have s'mores and hot chocolate - they would have thought them divine!

Booga-booga, everyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit