Demonized? Evil? Mentally Ill?

by teenyuck 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

I am somewhere in between the posters here. I do believe that people can manifest some very dark energies. This, from the evolutionary standpoint would be one thinking with the reptilian part of the brain, or the very "old" part of the human brain that would dash another's brains out, for smelling funny and eating his heart (it's in the fossil record). But we have evolved. As we evolved, we developed a frontal lobe, where neurologists think our consciences are. When humans do not develop or cultivate this part (or sometimes wiring and chemicals are just bad), and we do things that are not acceptable to our collectively evolved state.
    I have done everything that supposedly "invite" demons. I regularly read Tarot, I read every kind of spiritistic book, fiction and nonfiction, and alas, nothing. I just don't believe there's good/evil. I believe there's dark and light energies adn every spectrum in between, and people get off balance when they try to totally serve one or the other, and see only black and white.
    Love,
    Bridgette
    p.s. I would have to see the e-mail to give you my "professional" opinion. I'm always up for a good horror tale.....my e-mail is open. hehehe....

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Did yall notice that Thomas didn't like the way this thread was going so he started a couple of new demon threads of his own tonight?

Ranchette

• ISP
    ISP

Hi puffs....you got post the letter for all to see if you want to give people the best chance of saying.....but I tend to say that most of this stuff is down to hatred.etc. Maybe mental illness....

ISP

• ballistic
    ballistic

A woman who occasionally attended our kh was an "automatic writer". She would put pen to paper and the pen would start to move and she would write (not in her own handwriting) pages and pages of garbage. Demonised? Mentally Ill? Who knows?
    Incidently, when modern day speaking in tounges is translated, it is often blasphemy and filth.
    I personally think it's not demons nor a true mental illness but an induced neurotic episode.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hello All,

Since Nathan and Brigette asked that I e-mail them the letter, I did. It has lots of personal references and names in it. Rather than blank all of those out, I sent them copies of the e-mail in tact. I am asking them to respect my privacy and not post it on the site. My sister sent the e-mail. She is a big chat room person and knows of this site. She pretends to be a man, frequently, so no one will figure out who she is.

I appreciate the comments made. It has given me much to think about.

Regards,
    puffs

• ISP
    ISP

Hey Ballistic, I have some clients who write the worst letters.......i.e. 10 pages both sides...and you have to read through it all!...and reply etc. Nearly without exception these folks have a screw loose!

ISP

• JanH
    JanH

Bridgitte,

From my knowledge of reptiles I cannot see how you can get anything evil from them. Sure, you can be eaten or poisoned by one, but they do not have any ill will towards individual organisms, like mammals -- and humans in particular -- can have. Neither, of course, do they have positive feelings for anyone. Reptiles do not seem to bond to individuals, except the most basic form of mother-child "relationships".

Sure, evil can no doubt be attributed to parts of our physical brain, and evolutionary history goes a long way in explaining greed and violent behaviour, but I see no reason to bring those poor reptiles into that

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

speaking for myself, I have decided this...

1) Just because God himself has never come down and talked to ME, disbelief in him,for that reason alone, is presumptous on my part I Believe.

2) Just because the demons themselves have never come down and talked to ME, disbelief in them,for that reason alone, is presumptous on my part I Believe.

The concept that 'people that don't believe in demons are never bothered by them' is a very interesting one. Now how would a person go about supporting that concept? I DO think it's interesting that sometimes when someone who appears to be classicly 'demonized' receives massive amounts of medication, they don't show symptoms of demonism anymore!!

Very interesting subject.

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Ms. Beetle said,

The concept that 'people that don't believe in demons are never bothered by them' is a very interesting one. Now how would a person go about supporting that concept?

The demons love it when people think they don't exist. Realize please that the objective of demons is against Christians primarily and those that might have a chance to find God. One of their most deceiving tactics is to have it such that people--the clergy especially--do not believe in them or that they do not affect people today.

In my learning I have come to know that some people can be very awful, and yet the demons not even bother them where the person realizes it. In general, why should demons bother these people if they are not Christians nor are seeking God. Basically demons primarily involve themselves in whatever helps achieve their goal: to serve Satan.

Demons also play good-guy bad-guy. Here is where demons can play with and deceived people to his advantage, especially when they seek him out for power or whatever, either purposely or because of their reckless behaviors, such as involving themselves with spiritism, etc.

I DO think it's interesting that sometimes when someone who appears to be classicly 'demonized' receives massive amounts of medication, they don't show symptoms of demonism anymore!!
    The medication incapacitates the person, especially the nervous system where the demons often attach themselves to oppress the person. The medication destroys the normal vitality and functioning of the life of the person or Christian.

So, by this, either the demons have achieved indirectly part of their goal to steal, kill, & destroy, or they are prevented from their chosen oppressive tactics over the BODY since it is drugged.

However, the mind[thoughts and voices] and subconscious[dreams] are still vunerable, even though the mind-body [psychosomatic] interaction of the person is dumbed down. I know of a person here in Grand Island that is drugged alllll the time; he hears voices and will talk back and forth with them if he chooses.

Because of the ignorance and fear of the members of his church, he is not helped with his problems. He is only 23 and perhaps could live his life out trapped because of others' ignorance and whimpy disposition of not helping him properly.

Keep in mind please that the Christian is usually oppressed bodily; can never be totally oppressed in mind; and absolutely never oppressed in spirit at all. The Christian still has the TRUMP CARD of God's Holy Spirit within them. The oppressed Christian needs to "submit to God" in ways where he is forced to learn from and repent from sin, and then resist Satan, by the power of Christ within him.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Puffsrule,

This is an interesting subject. I believe in spirit entities and God, and I also study psychology.

On mental illness: of course some conditions involve the person hearing voices or hallucinating. Also in the case of your email, they can be so delusional that their negative world is all they know. Drugs help with these symptoms which to me proves that it isnt any sort of "demon" influence.

On demons: I suppose it depends what we mean when we use the word "demons". I think that there are entities who would perhaps cause someone some problems. Mostly these so called entities are simply energy created by the person or someone close to them, IMO. Therefore I think that actual possession by an entity is unlikely if not impossible, someone would have to clearly invite this into their life over a period of time, and even then its debatable if its the person themselves who is simply allowing descructive thought patterns to govern their thinking.

Basically, I think that other beings exist in the spiritual realm, but 99.9% of problems with hearing voices are psychological. There are distinguishing features from what I've read. In mental illness, mostly (but not always) the voice is there on a regular basis, providing "instruction" to the person about what to do...like a running commentary even on trivial things like "go shopping now". The person simply doesnt realise its their own thoughts. If they're feeling negative the voice will be nasty. A bipolar sufferer I know who has auditory hallucinations told me that some days his voices are nice, some days they are horrible...like an angel and a devil in his head.

From reading about and speaking to people about spirit communication, and through my own experiences, its generally thought that it doesnt take place unless you are open to it, it doesnt happen on a regular basis (unless you are a spirit medium of course but then you are asking for communication on a regular basis), it almost always is positive or neutral in content, it doesnt tell you what to do - rather just imparts some message. It could be argued that these "communications" are also mental illness, however there are stories which seem to be supported by other information such as things that the individual could not have known themselves.

In the case of your emailer, I suspect its mental illness and you have nothing to be afraid of. Simple prayer can protect you from anything unwanted anyway. It amazes me that Thomas Poole can talk about demons in such a fearful way....he speaks as though they have sooo much power and they're soooo clever, yet if he was a man of faith would know that simple prayer is all you need.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit