Van Morrison - Your Favorite Album or Songs From Him ?

by flipper 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Tupelo Honey

I LOVE Van Morrison. His voice is so warm and strong and his songs make me feel good. His entire style makes me happy when I hear it. He is one musician that my entire family loves including my husband, and 3 kids (age 7-20!)No one yells at anyone to turn van off! Which is unheard of in our house.

• flipper
    flipper

5th Generation , Brown eyed girl , good song !

SANDY- Into the mystic , very cool song.

FINALLY FREE - Wild night is really good

• flipper
    flipper

The thing about Van Morrison's music was it was really dark, moody at times . Bluesy stuff that helps when being intimate with the one you love ! Good mood music ! Any more favorites of his you like ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Oh My you all have such good taste in MUSIC. Thanks for reminding us about these wonderful Artists and songs.

these are the days and brown eyed girl are my favorites but now I will have to go and pull out his CD and listen to that tonight along with Leonard Cohen

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yep-I like Van Morrison.

When I was in High School Brown Eyed Girl was out.

But I must admit I LOVE DISCO.

• flipper
    flipper

VELVETANN- Good song picks by you ! It does remind us of our youth doesn't it ? Me and my wife are going to listen to Van Morrison later too !

QUANDRY- Van Morrison , Brown Eyed Girl, nice ! Some disco groups I kind of liked - Earth , Wind , and Fire were good, and KC and the Sunshine Band. But the one hit wonders kind of annoyed me. I do like to dance though- just ask my wife ! Have you ever seen a Dolphin spin around on it's tail ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Since I'm going to be working later today into the night , wanted to bump this topic up if you'd like to comment on it ! Have a good day ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

My all time favorite is "Into the Mystic"

Van Morrison is great!

LTF

• flipper
    flipper

LEARNING TO FLY- Into the Mystic was a great song ! Good choice ! Morrison was great, still is ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh sooo many, I'd say almost everything and hard to choose a few.

What comes to mind, (sorry, a little sappy and corny...but ahh the sentiment) "Someone Like You."

Tupelo Honey, the one with Johnny Lee, the album with the Chieftains always at the ready, oh goodness, so many.

I saw him about a year ago and he was in a jazzy rockabilly mood, doing some classics in that genre, and it was wonderful. "There Stands the Glass."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit